Home Chat General Chat

absolute beginner

hi there, the subject header describes me accurately.

I'm a personal trainer, ex marathon runner, ex club swimmer (long long long time ago) and now own a rather nice new Giant SCR3 (bought this because I read a lot of good stuff in the forum here and it ticked all the boxes esp ££) I'm about to do my first sprint tri at the weekend and am already hooked,

(where else can a man reasonably wear all that lycra and get away with it!!)

Anyway, I think this is a great forum, but since I posses the geek gene, I'm really keen to find out and learn as much as possible about training, training programes, logs etc etc and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    'Science of triathlon': a double-dvd with 9 hours worth of info on triathlon.

'Triathlete's training bible' by Joe Friel; the name says it all.

And of course stay on this forum, full of tri-addicts with all info on carbon, aero, porridge, shaving,....

and of course, when you stay long enough you'll learn the secret of [color=#ff0000]RED!!![/color]
  • stustu Posts: 28
    Thanks Benny,

My wife will be delighted, 9hours you say!!

Christmas list has begun.

I've read a couple of comments about Joe Friels book being a bit heavy going, but to be honest I subscribe to his podcasts (as well as JBST) and find them very insightful.
  • stustu Posts: 28
    and of course, when you stay long enough you'll learn the secret of RED!!!

intrigued!!
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Hi Stu

You could take up rowing too, or wrestling. They wear a lot of lycra.

Just a thought [;)]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    stu wrote:
    I'm about to do my first sprint tri at the weekend and am already hooked,

(where else can a man reasonably wear all that lycra and get away with it!!)

Sorry nivagh,

as you can see in his post, he's already got the tri -virus! Especially after that race, no doubt about that [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]