Home Chat General Chat

Pikey Time

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week38thursday08.htm

I am hanging my head in shame.....

............but I will still be in Aldi on Thursday gettign some gloves, tops and tights

Comments

• And I am sure that your FD instructed you to get your running socks there as well...

• LindsLinds Posts: 124
    Shhhh

Shopping trip is below the FD radar!

Stealth mode on
  • Thanks for the heads up Linds - I recently purchased some cycling stuff from a very simliar looking Lidl promotion (although I still deny to myself that I actually shopped there!!!!), perhaps I can find the bits I couldn't find before - also hanging my head[>:] in shame

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    You can hardly fault Aldis cheap lines,it is quality stuff,a couple of years ago when they did the cycling computers for the first time,one of the local cycling shops bought the lot from the store and then sold them at marked up prices,and sold the lot in a couple of weeks,look on Ebay and spot identical items at higher prices,so much for the credit crunch (which I thought was a new breakfast cereal bar).
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Is that the one by Brown & Milliband?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Britspin wrote:

Is that the one by Brown & Milliband?

[:D][:D]

Yes thats the one,it is ideal for weight loss 'cos you can afford sod all else.
  • toadtoad Posts: 104
    I purchased winter cycling gear from aldi last year and have to say it was pretty good considering the cheap price.

Not ashamed to admit I shop at Aldi, also their giant prawns go well in salad post training.

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    bought a couple of those items today. winter rain jacket and compression style bottoms.... can't go wrong for the price.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I'm not embarrased to admit shopping there.

I am embarrased, hower, to admit I just spent a pointless 30 minutes walking to Netto and back. Duh. [&:]
    Compression type bottoms...could only get medium, has anyone seen a small? mediums OK, but not overly compressive, altho will keep important places warm...
    Oooops, just checked website, med-XL only, so I wasted 10 minutes searching thru the pile for a small that didn't exist.
  • learnerlearner Posts: 100
    don't be shy, i get my to work kit from lidl and aldi, even sold a top on ebay and saw some bloke wearing a very similar onr the other day. the good thing about their tights is the pad is so thin you can run in them too.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    learner wrote:

don't be shy, i get my to work kit from lidl and aldi, even sold a top on ebay and saw some bloke wearing a very similar onr the other day. the good thing about their tights is the pad is so thin you can run in them too. 

Thats what i was hoping.
    i have my socks on now, very comfortable..