Home Chat General Chat

How fast...

I would love to wear an all in one trisuit, but I have this unfortunate bulge that sometimes people refer to as my stomach, it would make me look like that bloke that plays the 'only gay' in the village.

So maybe a few more training sessions before I get one.

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    okay its been recommended on here a few times that a all in one tri suit is the way forward...

how fast do you have to be to wear one...strikes me your gonna look like abit of a "spotter" if you are in a all in one Tri suit in the slower ranks of the tri-fraternity like me..

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    will you buy a pair of dunlop flash or a pair of saucony a type trainers for your race ? the psychology of the dilema of trisuit or not is literally all in the minds eye. Your perception accounts for all. If you pereive you will look silly then you will feel sily then its a self full filling prophecy. If however you can perceive yourself as the traithlete as a result of moths of training & rehearsal with the right equipment to best prepare yourself for the race giving yourself best opportunity of a pb then this opens up a new possibility. Either you are a trithlete (regardless of level) or your not. If you feel an orca apex wetsuit, a scott sr1 tt bike or a trisuit will give you an edge even if only a minor psychological one then who is to say you shouldnt. We all need to beleive in ourselves. The training you have put in will help reinforce that beleif. Every race you complete will set in good stead for your next.

lastly there are trisuits & trisuits ...... people will notice the guy inthe mad lime and tangerine suit before they notice his ability ... the other guy in the more discrete suit who wins wil attract attention through his acheivement not his suit.....

madnurse

ps mine aint lime n tangeriine .......... i couldnt get it in my size
    all good points....and I AM A (sprint)TRIATHLETE

I was struggling in the past to find things to ask for Christmas and Birthday now I have triathlon in my life the list is endless

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Posts: 0
    I have an endless list but no one can afford any if it!!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    [image]http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/thailand/thai-pink-trisuit.jpg[/image] how fast would you need to go to get away with these then loon ???
    I keep telly my wife to find an endless sourse of income to pay for my endless list ... she remains unconvinced at my suggestions..

AB - how was the match?

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    And the guy who sold me my pink 2 piece said it would be unique...
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    As usual el Madone is right! I was one of few that did not have a trisuit and a lot of them were behind me in the swim times. I see having the right kit (whatever the sport) as a statement of intent and identity. YOu got the kit you live the sport! There's no doubt all of us on this forum live the sport... if you can afford the kit ... go for it!

I'm selling all my old crap on ebay so I can buy kit (including a trisuit!)

Jazdog
    Looney - match was fantastic - no the football but the atmosphere. Everyone with a ticket got a testimonial scarf - 52,000 Geordies singing their hearts out and waving the scarves was just brilliant!

All the statues in the city were decorated in scarves, hats, shirts etc, it was like we had just won the World Cup!
    Sounds fantastic - My mum sent me the Journal coverage of it and it brought a tear to my eye

They should give away scarves and stuff for normal matches to boost the atmosphere

..I'd settle for the winning the FA cup...
    Good idea!! I like free stuff [:D][:D][:D]! Must admit did get the old watery eye at the end when Al's little boy came running on and the whole family walked round the pitch. Sad to see him go [:(].

Mmmm FA Cup - any silver ware would be a bonus! Maybe next season!