Home Chat General Chat

Track Pump Recommendations

Can anyone recomend a decent track pump that can get some good PSI, has a guage and is about £30 or under.

The one i have is cr*p.

Heard Joe Blow might be good?

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I have had a Joe Blow for several years now..no real problems.
  • Ive got the joe blow sprint one, off wiggle for 26.99 and its absolutely fantastic, goes up 2 160psi, which is more than enough for me!
  • Joe blow.......can you see the pattern [;)]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Joe Blow IS GREAT. Ryan Air did for mine ...b*****ds
    Jaysis I just used a Blackburn track pump which replaced the JoeBlow - its crap! JoeBlow everytime!
  • I bought one from Tescos a few months ago for about a tenner. Have used it several times up to about 125 psi with no problems at all.

I know it probably isn't very trendy coming from a supermarket but if it's cheap and does the job who cares!!
  • Oh no... I'm sounding like Halfords man these days. I got a track pump from Bikehut for about £25-30 (can't remember) which fulfilled three important requirements for me:

1) Has a pressure gauge (which has been proved to be accurate by a mate's uber-pump)

2) Can inflate in excess of 150psi to keep my Panaracer Evo II whatever tyres happy, or Schwalbe Stelvios as spares.

3) Is cheap.

• woodywoody Posts: 52
    spend a few quid more, and get the SKS rencommpressor. Built to last a lifetime, and fully servicable, which is why most of the bike shops use them.
  • I just got the SKS Renkomoressor last week from Wiggle for £34. A bit over your budget but boy is it a goody. Steel body, cast footing (weighs a bit but solid as), fold in feet for storage, wooden handle and every piece of the pump is available as a spare part - it's German after all. Does to 240 psi for track pressures too. I reviewed a lot and this seems to be the workshop's choice. Pumps well, only possible downside is the pressure gauge is at the foot of the pump, but I'm not that blind yet so it's a non issue for me.
  • 240psi? [:-]

Why not just use a solid tyre, or is that too heavy? Or maybe a convex rim that is simply rubber coated.

I'm not familiar with what goes on at tracks, but wow. Just wow.

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

G
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    If any of you had a puncture whilst racing, would you use compressed air or a small pump attached to the bike to re-inflate the tyres?
    co2, but the I cary the innovations minipump that uses the co2 cartride as a handle.
    Replying to shift spammers to page 2!!
    Any reccommendations for a CO2 / PUMP combo?
    For triathlons i work on the principle that puncture = end of race.

I must do one of the bike maintainance courses someone mentioned!

I use continental tyres with puncture protection and have worked well.

Continental do, do a tri specific gp 4000 that supposed to really good as a preventative measure which i'll look at for next year.

Treefrog re CO2/Hand Pump don't have one but Genunine Innovations second wind gets and 8/10 from cyclng plus "Impressive dual action pump thats easy to use" £19.99 alu and £39.99 carbon.

G
    GHarv wrote:

Treefrog re CO2/Hand Pump don't have one but Genunine Innovations second wind gets and 8/10 from cyclng plus "Impressive dual action pump thats easy to use" £19.99 alu and £39.99 carbon.

G

I have the alu version, very nice, and works well. the only downside is the stupid frame mount, or rather the strap. Just such a waste, anyway, easy to solve, purchese the bottle cage mount for a topeak pocket rocket, much better design, and it fits perfectly, much more secure than the velcro strap.
    stp2
  • Update for all us tight *rses!!!!

I saw the track pumps in Tesco today for £8.60