Home Chat General Chat

Reversible Seat Posts

'Ello,

I'm certain this has been asked before, but as 'Search' is STILL BROKEN I can't look it up. [:@]

Can anybody recommend a reversible seat-post, as I'd like the option to flip the post around to get a bit of a steeper effective angle.

I know Profile do a forwards seat-post that will take a 73deg post typically to 78deg, but that fails for me because I'd like to flip it back again (yes, I know I could use my 'normal' post, but I'd rather not be swapping them all the time). Most posts just don't have enough adjustment in the clamp to allow this. Any suggestions?

Just to explain.... my new bike will be turning up this week, and I'd like to run it as a road bike (+ clip-ons) for base training and long rides, and stick my aero front end on it and move the seat forwards for the main race season next year.

... and no, sadly I can't just go buy another bike. [:(]

Comments

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

I think moderatus forumii has become extinct.

Ps. wold you lik to buy Airmax jordan burburry adistar at wery best prices?

clik my webshop establisted 200 year only best quality shop sicurely online fast Nigerian dispatch?

thankyo ufor your atention and lokking forward to you're cusstoms.

[8|]

• ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Ah Nivagh, are you by any chance the son of the late Finance Minister so horribly wronged by the Military Govt and have in an account in Nigeria the sum of $78 milliion dollars and in return for giving you my bank details and Power of Attorney will let me have 10% as a fee for enabling the safe passge of these funds out of Nigeria?
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Thompson did a reversible seatpost which got good reviews, not sure if they still do them

Ah, yessir indeed I do knowing the gentelman of whom you esteem most highly and sends his wishes.
  • Thankings guys, I will send expeditied fastly my Electronic banking Account system details immediately

treefrog, looks like they still do a set-back / set-forward post. Seems nice quality and pretty light. Damned cheap too at about £50 if I shop around... although there's a shinier version that saves a few grammes for £100....

Cheers.

This is where you wrestle with your inner accountant and work out how many £££ per gramme you will be paying and whether it would be cheaper just to lop off a toe...
    A good bike costs about 1 quid per gram
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    On that basis I'm carrying about £3 grand's worth! Let me see lipo costs about £2K - woohoo will save a grand - or I could just carry on losing wieght incrementely. Have lost about 7Kgs over the last 18 mths but the last Kg or so roll on my belly hard to shift.

Made big mistake and took my wife to my last event where there were a lot of high profile competitors. Although she was really caught up in the excitement of the event and proud of what I achieved she gave me a mission to shift 4Kgs!! Tried to explain ther is a difference between someone who is 21 and is lean and muscular and a 51 year old, but she's not having it. My dearest one has asked my Pilates trainer to get me in shape for next year - conversation ended - Spouse 'John needs to lose 4 Kgs for next season, you have my permission to be brutal' Trainer 'Oh good!'
    SPAM TO PAGE 2
    stp2
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    my Pilates trainer
    [quote]ORIGINAL: Zacnici

See how he casually dropped that in there....