Home Chat General Chat

Cateye Strada Cadence Cycle Computer

Thinking of buying the above, for using in training and eventually on a turbo.

I'm totally new to this so does anyone have opinions or reviews of this and is it worth my while?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I am looking for a computer too purely for my turbo trainer/bike. The Cateye Strada with cadence (with rear speed sensor) fits the bill for me.

Looking at the spec its ok as a basic unit with the advantage of both cadence and the rear fitting option for the speed sensor, ideal for turbo use. As far as road/race use it is a bit limiting in some functions but as they say you pay for what you get.

All in all a reasoable piece of kit.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I use one on my turbo - no problems, just take your time installing it
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    As with Treefrog, I've got one on turbo, works fine, display quite small but hey, it's ok. It's a nice bit of kit
  • I've got one and it's great but I'd say the wireless version is worth the extra money. The wires are a pain!
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I've got the Boardman wireless cadence £35 from Halfords and its been great.

Tesco direct do a wireless cadence for £15 but they go like hot cakes.
  • I tried the Tesco one but couldn't get it to work.

Bought the Cateye from Wiggle and it works fine and is easy to use.

SPAM TO PAGE 2
  • Got mine last week (wired version) and found it pretty straight forward to fit and set up.

Finishes the turbo bike ready for the inpending winter.
    stp2
  • I've got the Cateye V2 which is really the Stada Cadence Wireless. You can't just push the bottom of the unit to page flick like on the Strada, but it's easy to use and wireless is the way to go.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    STP2
    stp2