Home Chat General Chat

September 27th, Lake 32, 1500m swim

On Sept 27th (Sat) its my birthday and this year I have challenged myself to swim 1500m (longest to date openwater is half that, though have done further in 400m spells in a pool).

My usual training partners either work on a Saturday (poor Nick!) or are away... so is anyone swimming at Lake 32 (Cotswold water park) on the morning of the 27th?

I am not a quick swimmer though - 1500m should take me about 40-45 minutes I reckon.

Anyone around?

(There's undoubtedly some cake and coffee for afterwards if that is enough of a bribe too [image]http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/image]

didds

Comments

• transittransit Posts: 163
    Sorry Didds, I live nowhere near which is a shame as I do so love a public drowning [:D]. Good luck, hope you manage to find some support and get it completed.
  • Didds... sorry I live nowhere near you (otherwise I'd be there with a cake!) but I really hope you find a spotter to swim / canoe / whatever with you.

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday... I really hope you do it. Don't forget to replenish your energy stores afterwards with birthday cake, beer, curry, pasta whatever floats your birthday boat!

Just don't think 'stuff it' and go and do it alone... Rule #1 of swimming and all that.

Cheers!

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Bopomofo wrote:

Didds... sorry I live nowhere near you (otherwise I'd be there with a cake!) but I really hope you find a spotter to swim / canoe / whatever with you.

well, the lake does have spotters & canies and powerboats etc, I'd just rather be out on the water with someone relatively near. My family will likely be with me cos afterwards we're heading off to ashton court (brizzle) for a spot of MTBing with my son (11), and orienteering on a course they have there en famille (46, 45, 13, 11, 8) as more of a fun way to "teach" them map reading skills than any flat out orienteering!

Oh yes.,... then a 7.25 mile trail run on Sunday morning up a hill, round a monument and back down again! (Blacklands Challenge, Calne)

Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday... I really hope you do it.

Last year I ran 5K for the first time ever on my birthday so I have decided that it shall now become a Didds' Birthday Challenge thing to find something to push my personal boundaries every year :-)

Don't forget to replenish your energy stores afterwards with birthday cake, beer, curry, pasta whatever floats your birthday boat!

Absolutely! Lots of carbs afterwards. The real celebrations will have to wait until after I have come down off that bl00dy hill on Sunday though - that WASN'T as good timing :-). I can feel lots of pasta and pizza happening though :-)

Just don't think 'stuff it' and go and do it alone... Rule #1 of swimming and all that.

Totally! Don;'want to make it a start and finish on the same date 46 years apart!

didds

[image]local://2275/4F0691B9E2F549E8ABEA3643CE3EDE11.jpg[/image]