Home Chat General Chat

Split Tube on Turbo

Used my Cycle Ops Fluid 2 turbo for the first time last night and had a great session.

Sadly returned for another bash tonight and found my rear tube had totally split. Don't know when it happened but obviously not when I was using it. Anyone had a similar problem?

Anyone recommend a more robust tube that might be suitable for turbo use?

Comments

• Hi Harlow

Had the same problem with my tyres, believe it's due to the high heat build from the roller. You can get tyres specifically for turbo trainers, like this: Continental Home Trainer Tyre

Not tried them as I don't two rear wheels, and I can't be bothered changing tyres all the time.....

Good luck
  • Just noticed you did say your rear "tube", will assume you are not running clinchers, so the above advice is a bit pointless.........
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Get the continental Home trainer tyre - It works, I does exactly what it says on the tin. I have the same one for 2 years and I give the turbo a lot of stick
  • transittransit Posts: 163
    I've never had a split tube on the turbo although not been using it long and have been using the Continental tyre this year. Friend has had two splits this year and he uses standard tyre......I'm seeing a trend...