Home Chat General Chat

Neutral Hi5, strange smell?

Has anybody recently bought one of the big tubs of Hi5? A couple of weeks ago I bought one, upon breaking the seal I got a very strong smell of what I can only desctibe as burnt plastic. I thought at first it was just me and made up a bottle.....this didnt change anything as the made up product was the same. I took it back to the shop where the guys agreed it wasnt right and changed it. Guess whaty? Yep same thing. Back to the shop I went where we opened another...need I say it. At this point one of the guys from the shop said there would be no point opening another as it was the same batch.

I ended up buying a fruit one till things are sorted out which Im not too keen on.

Hi5 arent exactly going to say its a national problem so I wondered if anyone on here had the same?

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I won a years supply of Hi5 (through 220!) I had to give it all away as it disagreed with me - I got the shits every time I used it. It tuned out that this is quite common, I don't think the Hi5 is suspect, but its electrolytic profile may not suit some people. I now use Powerbar all the time and have no problems. I would not advise against Hi5 but it did not agree with me
  • Cheers, obviously not a major issue. I use it all the time and get on great with it till recently. Its just the smell seems to have changed for the worst.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    SPAM TO PAGE 2