Home Chat General Chat

Wimbleball - calling fatmatt, Rob, Tim D et al

Hi guys - you may recall you mentioned a little matter of sponsorship for me for Wimbleball .....???

Well it's getting horribly close - and I'm not too proud to beg for charity!

If you want to help the links are:

[color=#666600]www.justgiving.com/patcooke-rogerscancer[/color]

[color=#666600]www.justgiving.com/patcooke-rogersheart[/color]

Just don't laugh at the photos!

Wish the training was going better ..... can't wait till it's time to taper ...

Thanks a lot for your support

Comments

• RobRob Posts: 209
    pacrfish, you're sponsored.

By the way, nice photos, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.........

You have no choice now, you HAVE to cycle those hills!

Rob
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Thanks Rob - I do appreciate it.

Have just got my bike back from the bike shop where they found a technical problem which was stopping me from getting onto the small chainring. Apparently filing 1mm off something or other has fixed it so I'm feeling a (little) bit more confident about the hills. Going to try the bike at Grendon tri this weekend so we shall see!!

I just don't need wind or rain, or too much sun on 18 June .... praying for a still, overcast day!

Talking of photos - got sidetracked in the tri shop with some new kit (as you do), and amid much hilarity the husband managed to take a photo of me wearing new kit plus knee-length boots - not a pretty sight - and definitely one not to go on the web page!
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    So Pat, did you cycle the course on the middle ring when you did it? No wonder you had to get off & walk!

Good luck with Grendon.
  • Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    Hi pacrfish

I will be sponsoring you this coming Wednesday if that is ok. I get paid that day so will be in a much better position to splash the cash so to speak. Hope the training is going well. See you at Exmoor.

Tim
    Hi Rob - I was having problems with the chainring when I had to walk - but in truth I really have to blame my legs/lack of training/panic for my complete failure the first time!

However, having just done Grendon (mud, mud, glorious mud!!) I can see what a difference it makes to have gears you can actually rely on, so I am feeling a bit better about the bike now. Feeling worse about the swim tho - 750m seemed a very, very long way, so 1.2 miles????

Tim - thanks for that - whatever and whenever would be much appreciated. When are you going down Tim? I'm going on Thu because its quite a long drive from here & if I don't get away from the kids/work I won't get chance to rest at all before the race.

Getting close now, isn't it? Competitor info out ... my stomach churns everytime I think of it. This could be a long 4 weeks!

• Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    Not going up to Exmoor till the Sat morning I am afraid. I can't get time off work and we cant impose my daughter on my mother Friday night as well as Sat. Exmoor is only about 2.5 hours away, so we'll be leaving early Sat and should get up there in good time for registration.

Yea, getting a lot closer now - 3 weeks yesterday!! I have just spent most of the last week ill (contracted a nasty bug from school), unable to eat properly and certainly unable to train. Only getting back to some cycling today although its probably too early. I did complete the Hayle middle distance last w/e however. The weather was atrocious - gales, torrrential rain and a nice rough sea swim (the swim was actually shortened due to the conditions). I feel that it was good prep for Exmoor. Am hoping that this bout of sickness wont take too much off my fitness. I am also praying that the weather gods are kind to us. Doing the Exmoor course in the conditions that the Hayle was held in would be a complete nightmare. The swim would not be so bad as its in a lake, but the bike and run...

Anyway, keep training and see you soon.

Tim x
    Eeek - I thought it was 4 weeks to go .... where did I lose a week??

Sorry about your sickness - what bad timing. But better now that the week before Exmoor.

Off to a caravan now for 4 days 'holiday' with 5 children between the ages of 7 & 14. Not much chance of training, and definitely no rest. Possibly some sprint intervals trying to retrieve them all from different parts of the beach ....

Hope you feel much better soon