Home Chat General Chat

10 Day running program

Hi Guys and Girls

Lots of great advice floating about the forum so I thought I'd plunder it!

I've yet to complete my first tri but I'm being sent on a 10 day course in portugal this weekend for work (tough life I know). Its going to be pretty intense in the day but the early evenings and possibly early mornings would be free. I am hoping to use the time as a bit of a running 'boot camp' as my swimming remains a work in progress (also I dont think the accomodation has a pool) and I doubt I'll get my bike as hand luggage on ryanair!!

My question is should I be looking to run everyday, making the most of the weather or would i be better off doing fewer hard sessions and then taking recovery time. I run only about 2-3 times a week at present, one session varying between hills, fartlek etc and another a slower longer run. I'm lucky enough to find gym time every day normally rowing or cycling with some weight sessions mixed in too.

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Running every day wouldn't be very wise: big chance you'll come back home injured!

As for running programme, one needs to know what phase youre in;base, build,race,...

Some on this great forum will be able to give you some kind of programme, or the great lines of it.

Make sure you eat and rest adequately, but that won't be a prob since you're there with your work![:D]
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    stp2
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    STP2
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    stp2