Home Chat General Chat

where do you put your computer with aero bars?

OK, numpty question.

Fitted the aero bars tonight, very swish. (Profile Design Century ZB)

Where do I now put the computer - there's no room on the handlebars unless the computer sits underneath the pads.

Currently positioned on the stem but that puts it 90 degrees "out". Not a problem just a pain.

so - where do I put the computer? or rather where do YOU all put your bike computer when clip on aero bars are in situ?

(Don't suggest the obvious place - I can't bend my neck enough to read up there, and it would likely be too dark to see anyway [image]http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/image]

didds

Comments

• transittransit Posts: 163
    Firstly, my computer can be mounted either way round, so is on the stem. For my old computer I did make something similar to that thing on wiggle using a section of plastic conduit (20 or 25mm diameter I think). Cut it to the right length and used zip ties to connect it between the bars. Wrapped some black pvc tape round it so it wasn't white!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Some brands have the same system you've home made, transit. It's a very good solution.

The comp is close and in sight and no fidling around with brake cables, tri-bars, ......
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    STP2
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I have my computer on the stem. I do this with all my bikes