Home Chat General Chat

Knocked off bike at Stratford tri

To the guy who was knocked off his bike by the red car a few km in to the Warwickshire sprint on Sunday 5th Oct - I was the guy who stopped to see if you were OK, so if you need me to be a witness for any reason just PM me for my details.

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    oh dear, was he ok? I had quite a few mates competing in stratford so I shall see if they know who it is. what happened?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    STP2
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    One minute the guy was on his bike, then I heard a "thud" and saw the bike up in the air as a car had turned in to a driveway from the opposite side of the road and just not seen him (weather today was horrific). The rider was on his feet by the time I got there and said he was OK. I'm not sure how hard the car hit him but he didn't seem badly hurt, not sure about his bike though.
  • This happened to someone I know recently. They werent in a race, just riding home from work and a car turned right straight in front of him!

Stratford/Warwick probably the scariest I have done for road issues, especially if you are going later in the morning when the Stratford sunday morning tourist traffic starts to arrive in the town :(
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I almost came to grief in the Lincoln Sprint this year -

Question you are driving down a straight road on a sunny clear day, for the last 2 miles there have been flourescent roadside boards warning of a cycling event on the road, you approach a roundabout which has a bloody great flourescent board in the middle stating 'Caution cycle event' and there are 3 men wearing high vis jackets in the middle of said roundabout and a triathlete wearing a white and lurid lime punch type of yellow/green orca tri-suit on a white and equally lurid green bike (Focus Tria) is on the roundabout approaching you.

Do you:

A. Stop and ensure the roundabout is clear before proceeding; or

B. Drive straight out without looking to the right.

The answer of course if you come from Lincolnshire is B - a serious getting off was only averted by me shouting 'watch out you dozy bitch' at the top of my lungs.

Actually I should have said in my first line I almost came to grief in the Lincoln Sprint 3 times this year. The above incident occurred on the outward leg of the bike, on the inward leg another mong tried to do the same thing. Now I had a notion that Lincolnshire drivers were being particularly moronic that day, as the event is only 2 miles from me I had earlier cycled down and was almost twatted by a dork in a Nissan Warrior type of penis substitute vehicle who pulled out in front of me. Now I know I am an ugly git but this was taking things a bit far.

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Mate I know what you mean about lincolnshire drivers, I lived in Boston for a bit and the drivers round there are mental! They will overtake even if there are cars coming the other way!
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Went to Romania and Slovakia when I was 19 years old, together with my best friend and in my own car. Well drivers there are wacko off scale!!! Suicidal, if you ask me. Overtaking in blind turns is standard, driving 3 cars aside on a double road,... you get the point.

Don't know any good triathlete that comes from there actually,.... [8|]

Makes you think, doesn't it? [8D]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Slovenia..home of the quick or the dead.