Home Chat General Chat

Time of Day

I gather most of you do your training before work, about 6am? I do but as I have just started a new job find it hard to get my arse out of bed.

How do you guys manage to get yourselves out of bed and what time do you go to bed?

Comments

• PeterPeter Posts: 6
    I'm normally up about 10 past 6, to get to the gym for half six for about an hour before work

I'll have to change this inline with proper tri training though

Just a case of early to bed early to rise for me along with the help of my phone alarm
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

What time I get up depends on what I'm doing that morning, but I try to be in bed and ready to go to sleep eight hours before I am going to get up, at least at the beginning of the week with five days of work ahead of me.

• 3 pieces of advice from someone who couldn't used to get up before lunch time who is now a regularly early bird!

- Firstly you have to be getting enough sleep regularly, this means going to bed a bit earlier. You can do a few nights on less sleep but not every day. 8 hours is pretty much the agreed amount so try and aim for that when possible.

- Get into a routine. Why do you think you find getting up so early difficult - because you don't normally do it? Early juts means before you usually get up, if you change your usual getting up time to 6/6:30 then it no longer becomes early.... I now just figure it for my every day getting up time, including if i'm not training so that my body is awake then naturally. Also means on weekends with a lie in thats about 8 which still gives you a full day!

- Thirdly, buy a 'Lumi', its an alarm clock that simulates the sun by getting brighter. I just got one in Sept and its great!

Jack
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I really think I should get one of those light alarm thingys, I still have a problem with gettin up! which one do you have?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    I'd say 6am is a lie-inn!!![:D]
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Decent responses, thanks guys. I guess I will just have to try harder! bed at 10-1030 then.