Home Chat General Chat

Chrissie into the lead

she's going great guns so far, really enjoying the coverage on ironman.com.

Hoping for a new course record at this rate.

Comments

• Ironman definitely has better coverage this year ... turning into an exciting race
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    argh, she's got a flat, why the hell is she riding tubs!
  • Keats stopped and helped her out ... surely technically Chrissie should get Disqualified ... I don't want her to be obviously but ...
  • Do all ironmen race on clinchers???

Got HED tubs and am hoping to get into ironman uk 09, first IM.

Only done 1 tri actually!!!

If people use tubs are there any tricks of the trade to reduce punctures or get tyres changes???

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I'm not sure, but chrissie usually races on clinchers I think.

I dont know about disqualification, but arent competitors allowed to stop and help each other? Wasn't it fernandez who couldnt get her helmet off in T2 because it was so wet and cold, and one of the other competitors did it. I may be completely wrong, I'm not good on rules!
  • I think other competitors are allowed to donate equipment i.e tubes, pump etc but they are not supposed to actually do anything to fix the problem. The technical team are allowed to do mechanical fixes but they do not do flats as far as I know. Helping to remove helmets/wetsuits I believe is ok.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    How about that, she won in a fantastic time.

They say she lost about 10 minutes with that flat. Now what kind of time would that have been!?

And that run!!!!! AMAZING.

I suppose she's the next real deal for the women's victories in Hawaï.

Her run time defeats lots of mens run times.[image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m6.gif[/image]