Home Chat General Chat

fastest triathlon

Hi

I recently completed the London triathlon in an average time of 3 hrs, I really enjoyed it and want to go for a 2 hr 30 min time next year, can someone please advise me as to which uk based triathlon (Olympic distance) will give me the best chance of acheiving this?

Thanks in advance

James

Comments

• The Eton Standard Triathlon organised by HumanRace at Dorney Lake is perfect for fast times, sheltered water and dead flat bike and run on perfect traffic free course around the lake. Did it last year and the organisation was great, just a shame it was so windy.
  • Couldn't agree with mellamopaul more than I do. And that goes for it being a bloody windy course too. [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Superb venue and produces some lightning quick times.
  • BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    I have done both london and dorney and I think london is quicker personally. Dorny too boring! (and ALWAYS WINDY!)

I did COWMAN up in milton keynes last year and that a really fast course - the olympic is the same route (but shorter :) I think milton keynes big cow olympic is your best bet!

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    I'd think london would be your best bet for a fast time. the swim might be a bit rough sometimes but the bike is pretty flat and the run is very easy. i do all the big cow events every year, and the bike route can be a bit tough, it's pretty hilly! the run is very flat and fast though. good luck with the training![:)]
  • BoycieBoycie Posts: 189
    Have to agree with Barny, Milton Keynes is quick. Got a PB there this year and my build up wasn't great. Managed to go sub 2:30 there twice. Very well organised too.

David.