Home Chat General Chat

Ironman UK 2009

and how many times can I use the word 'things' in one paragraph...

Comments

• triadtriad Posts: 62
    Hi All. How would you guys rate Ironman UK? What are the good things and bad things about Ironman UK when it comes to things like course, orgnanisation etc....?
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Difficult to comment on the course as they haven't announced where it is going to be in 2009.

Mike

• MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    It is not going to be based at Sherborne Castle this year, that is for certain. The guy that owns the castle doesn't want it there. So the location has not been announced yet. I believe the organisers are hoping to keep it in Dorset somewhere.

It looks like it is going to be in August 2009 so we might get some sunny weather.

• AmazonAmazon Posts: 57
    I thought IMUK this year was great. All the volenteers were helpful, and encouraged me all the way. I was amazed quite how many supporters there were all round the course, and the other competitors that I came across all displayed good sportsmanship.

The feed stations were well stocked, and even though I was towards the back of the pack I didn't find anything had run out.

The people at registration were great, tried their best to answer any questions that were being asked (in whatever language!!), and the race briefing was pretty comprehensive too. There was more than enough opportunity to ask any questions that you didn't want to shout out afterwards as the organisers stuck around for a while.

Transition was well organised, and it kept everything running smoothly - lots of people to help you with your stuff, and the cadets they had taking re racking bikes were almost running at you to grab it away! Very keen..... :)

The roads were a bit pants, very rough in some places, and the water was a bit cold for my liking!!! And if I'm really being picky, the run dragged a bit.... hee hee

BUT I would recommend it as I had a great day - along with a whole load of other nutters!!

Amazon

• triadtriad Posts: 62
    cheers guys