Home Chat General Chat

Aero Lights

Hello,

having just got a new bike, which has a profile wing bar and an aero seatpost i have a bit of an issue, my lights will no longer attach! Does anyone know of any lights that I could use?

Comments

• woodywoody Posts: 52
    if you have a standard round stem, then the topeak bar x'tenter is the thing. Rear, could you fit them to the seat stay?
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Ah, I tried the seat stay, but this comes of the frame very low down the seat-post, so any light fixed there would be obscured by the brake, and when it divides it aero shaped! Its a Cervelo P2C frame if that helps. Thanks for the tip on the topeak, it has a normal stem so that should fit!
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    do you have/use a saddle bag? some lights like the smart 1/2watt will clip to the loop on them, I carry a spare light like this on a topeak saddle bag. All the aero wedge versions have such a loop.
    I cant attach the saddle bag either because it wont go round the aero seat-post! ARGH!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    This is a time for innovation - try rubber bands, tape, zip ties or a combination thereof! I have used O rings to attatch various to frames in the past. Try attatching to your seat stays?
    currently I am using tape! I think its time for some products from the manufacturers, surely there are enough aero seatposts and bars around to demonstrate the need for specific components!
  • I have just fixed the same problem using knog frog lights on the front (they are rubber and wrap around the wing bars quite neatly - I have one each side as they're only 1 led each). For the back light I have clipped a regular cateye light to my seat mounted drink holder using the standard cateye belt clip.

Another option, as I have a fizik saddle, would have been to either buy their a light that clips into the saddle of or use one of their saddle bags and clip my cateye light to that using a belt clip. However, I'd just screwed on my behind seat bottle holder so was reluctant to take it off striaght away.