Home Chat General Chat

e-mail from uk ironman

did anyone get an e-mail from ironman uk tonight I think my spam blocker may have picket it up and I bounced it by mistake any info as to what it said we be useful many thanks

Comments

• apkapk Posts: 21
    This is the crux of the email received last night from Ironman UK

As most of you are no doubt aware, IRONMAN UK will not be returning to Sherborne Castle in 2009, however there will be definitely be an IRONMAN race in the UK in 2009.

At the moment IRONMAN UK is currently weighing up two potential venues, each with their own unique selling points and characteristics. Both will be in keeping with the sort of races IRONMAN UK has previously held, so those hoping for a pan flat course may be disappointed.

The event will return to its traditional date in August and will hopefully be greeted by glorious sunshine which is typical of the month in the UK!

Does anyone have any idea of the new location, I know Blackpool was mentioned last year!
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    I understood that it was going to be kept in somerset/dorset. But not heard anything new since. I would expect a somerset/dorset costal location
  • dvet78dvet78 Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard any rumours on next years venue, or are they playing their cards close to their chest.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Find the main sponser and the location will follow.
  • Im not very good with cryptic clues or treasure hunts!!!

Checked triuk, gatorade and power bar and none the wiser!!!

Where will it be?????
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    I have heard rumours about Weymouth and also about Kingston Maurward, an agricultural college near Dorchester.

There are lots of other rumours going about though and I don't have any solid information.

Mike