Home Chat General Chat

Turbo Sessions

Right so I've dug the turbo out the back of the garage, invested in a spare wheel and a training tyre (still going to cycle to work through the winter and don't always want to use the MTB)

Can anyone point me towards some good Turbo training sessions, specifically to help build speed over the winter months

Cheers

Comments

• Spinervals - Start with aero base builder and then pick the ones that take your fancy. I have Hillacious and 'Tough Love' as I have been training throughout the winter for IM and they worked for me.
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Just done my first session on the turbo of the winter.

Spinervals 'sweating buckets' was great followed by the IM Kona Hightlights of Youtube.

Did it in the cold garage with laptop.

Thought as its cold won't need a towel.......wrong - sweating buckets was right!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Keep it simple ... don't muck about .... do a real session 60kM fast as you can record average speed and watch it rise each week (best accompanied with music). Do this session until about April and then start intervals. It worked wonders for me, but, in paraphrasing the pepparami advert, most are not strong minded enough to do it
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    alternate between intervals and 'time trials' every week.
    No just do it!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    treefrog.... how often would you say for the 'JFDI' 60km session? Three times per week during base phase?
    No just once a week, as long as you do a long weekend cycle and get in your long swims and runs (otherwise you will endure death by boredom within two months!)
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Where are you buying these from? The american website?

Any recommendations for someone who needs to improve technique in general and strength in general?
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Grant - have a look here.... http://www.spinervals.eu/

They come from Denmark but come pretty quick.

Could try ebay but don't tend to see many come up.

I've just got sweating buckets which was recommended as a good starter for spinnervals.

Free Willy recommends:

Spinervals - Start with aero base builder and then pick the ones that take your fancy. I have Hillacious and 'Tough Love' as I have been training throughout the winter for IM and they worked for me.

I like the sound of tough love but will also take any recommendations.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    so which are the best Spinervals DVDs?

The 'Tough Love', 'Hillacious' and 'Aero Base Builder V' look good.