Home Chat General Chat

london to brighton bike ride next weekend

jojojojo Posts: 76
Hi Guys

I dont suppose anyone has put their name down for this race but is no longer doing it. I'm looking for 2 places. I'm already on waiting list but got 200 people in front of me.

JoJo

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    HI Jo ... how the legs coming on ? hoping you making good inroads back into your running & that you are on track for London again !!!!!!

madnurse
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    hi Mad

Re the legs - they are still not all that great to be honest. Stressing a bit about it especially since someone told me yesterday that they knew someone who was out for 6 months with it.

Anyway I had a scan last wednesday and it's definitely shin splints - and now I've got a really tight dressing that is helping and I am doing religiously the ice pack and dosing myself up with ibuprofen.

Apart from that cycling and swimming is coming on and I've been doing lots of training so still on for London.

JoJo
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    you stick with it and am confident it will all come good in London for you .... am hoping the physio is keeping you busy with exercises to get your leg(s) sorted. keep us all posted as to how you progress and expect to see good things from you in the future tri wise.

mad
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Jojo, I'm diong the ride with a small team from work, if anyone drops out I'll be sure to let you know.

Having said that I'm off to Canada from the 8th to the 16th, so if you haven't heard anything by the 7th I'm afraid it'll be to late for me to help.[&:]
  • jojojojo Posts: 76
    Thanks BonusB

That would be great if you could let me know.

Jojo
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Jojo...I am sure that the fitness you will gain from all the biking and swimming will carry you through for london...Its only 10km of running so hopefully that wont (do much) damage to your legs which I am sure will be much better by then...and after that its the off season ;)

I am pretty sure I saw a rule saying you couldn't crawl but didn't ever see owt about loony and mad carrying you ;)

• JasonWJasonW Posts: 4
    I've done the L2B for the last two years and from my experience I can't see anything stopping you simply turning up and doing the ride. In fact it saves the painful process of registering at the start!
  • ianogbornianogborn Posts: 64
    Jojo

I have a spare bike transport ticket if that helps from Haywards Heath to Clapham, if you want it its yours, I am on nights on the Saturday and then on the Sunday, so am getting a lift to the race so I can sleep on the way x

Ian
    Jo,

if you look on e bay, under london to brighton, about half way down is someone who is selling their entry into the race if that helps at all
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    Does anyone know where you ca nget a map of the route online?

Cannot find it anywhere!

ta.

www.justgiving.com/craigh
    Craig,

well start at Clapham Common and then it goes along the a217 on the way to merstham, I am a bit vague as I dont normally look at the sign posts on the way, I do know that it goes down a really steep hill under the M25 and it brings you out in south nutfield and then follows the road top outwood and then to the dukes head roundabout, then it goes through crawley down then tpo ardingly showground, then lindfield, haywards heath, ditchling, then the hated ditchling beacon then down another steep hill and into brighton... i know its vague but thats the best I can do, hope it helps.
  • craig75craig75 Posts: 21
    Nice one! Thanks.[8D]