Home Chat General Chat

Triathlete Magazine

Does anyone get this magazine?

If so any good?

(Just to supplement 220 of course!)

Also has anyone seen them in the shops other than in London? Otherwise it has to be subscription from the US.

Let me know.

G

Comments

• WillWill Posts: 3
    I have seen it in Borders in Birmingham but have never bought it.

What about Triathlete's World? I bought that a couple of time but can't find it again, have they stopped publishing it?
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Bought it a few times, a year or two ago.

Found it had too much ads in it, more ads and race reports than articles.

I lmike 220 better.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Bought it last month when on holiday in Canada.The mag featured an article on Sam Mcglone (this is a pre Hawaii issue).The editorial went on and said that Mcglone was the better triathlete than Chrissie Wellington and I quote.

''I wouldn't be surprised if Wellington doesn't even make it onto the podium the womens field is to deep''

''Wellington no doubt pushes incredibly hard,but she doesn't show it.The Brit is all smiles even when the heat reaches triple digits.Mcglone on the other hand,competes like the former short courseer she is and has no problem racing at her redline for 140.6 miles''

Okay hindsight being an exact science and all that but apparrently you have to make it look hard when you race and no smiling.

The mag is typical sports fare 65% adverts,the odd repeat article from other magazines,some of the science seems to be abit beind the times,but you get a look at the new gear coming onto the market in the US before the rest of the World (the world being those countries that don.t compete in the baseball world series)
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Bought a couple of editions while in the States of Triathlete. Lots of good articles in there. Triathlete's Wolrd had a message in issue 3 that it would be back in the New Year.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I like the mag, altho to be fair to them triathlon is ironman & not much else, but its an OK read, some science is old some is new, so a fair trade their, but why does Borders charge 4.25 when TF Bath charge 2.95?
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Cheers guy's i'll have a think about it.

Re Triathletes World never bought that as it looked really thin and not much in it for £4???

G
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Triathlon lite...