Home Chat General Chat

Dear Santa....

I'm starting to have (horribly organised) relatives ask me what I want for Christmas. As a new triathlete, there is absolutely loads of "stuff" I need, bike shoes, pedals, wetsuit, trisuit, new goggles, running gear, better bike lights, etc etc.

I don't trust parents, grandparents etc to buy the right stuff, so I'm after gift vouchers. I'm thinking of Wiggle vouchers as they seem to sell most things I might want. (Any alternative suggestion welcomed).

I wondered, am I the only person doing this? Or do other people end up getting large amounts of sports equipment for Christmas/birthdays? Is triathlon taking over my life too much? [:D]

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I asked my family to buy wiggle vouchers for me last Christmas.

I spent some of the money on some winter bib-tights (DHB, great stuff). For some reason I got a lot of abuse and heckling when I put them on and proudly tried to show my family.... I was only being grateful.

• Go to www.wishlist.com and get all the red bits you want on there.

Basically, you add a short cut to your web browser toolbar and when ever you see something you like, you click on the short cut and it adds and entry into your wish list that takes Santa back to that item. Simple.
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Birthday, christmas,new year,... same gifts allthe time.

Mostly vouchers, but in the past they(sisters, sisters in law, parents, parents in law, wife,...) put money together for: wetsuit, bike, carbon aero bars, new bike(cervelo)...;;

Aren't we a sad bunch.....???

NOT AT ALL!!!!

At least we don't ever get the '6 pairs of socks' gift, the 'coupon you can never use' gift, the 'particulary handy item that you stuff in the basement for the rest of your life' gift, ....

Now if only I could find a way to teach them about red, carbon,....
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I'm not personally a fan of red...
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    if you were... you would be faster.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    my new bike is blue and black, not a scrap of red on it. Luckily I'm wearing a bright red tri-suit and helmet whilst riding it!

dear santa, I would like a nice new wetsuit for christmas please, one of the snugg ones. thankyou kindly.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Hope you have more luck than me when you squeeze into it, post turkey, and say "Hey everybody, look what you bought me!"
    Jules wrote:

I'm not personally a fan of red...

Now that's not funny, and ........ watch out, not everyone around here's as forgiving as I am .

Don't say you hate red out loud!!![:D]
    Going to buy new run shoes this weekend, which will be paid for with a gift voucher I've gotten for my 30th birthday from my tri-buddies.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Ah, the list will probably never end!

It's (only) got a tri suit and bike lights on it at the moment (yes, I do go outside even after the clocks go back! [;)]) After that, upgrading my wheels is probably the only thing worth doing on my race bike, whereas I really could do with better brakes on my training steed - Tiagra just don't bite like Ultegra, particularly in the wet...

• Going back to what jules posted, i'm new to this as well and have asked for money to get more stuff from wigge for christmas, so your not the only one : ) I was starting to think i was a bit sad tho, always wanting more bits. but i've found the more i got into training the more "stuff" i want. Just ordered a turbo trainer (cycleops fluid 2) from tredz- cheaper than wiggle. now want a heart rate moniter- whatever next??

As to taking over, as long as you enjoy what your doing who cares?? Its better than watchin rubbish like corrie n eastenders on tv.

• You'll be able to do both once your turbo arrives Puddles - sprint each time the mitchells are on, climb when it's the beales. Living the dream [:D]
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    After my first longish winter ride on Saturday I'm going to ring my mum and ask her for some large hankies for Christmas............

...and some sort of cow-dung-deflector. It's so not ladylike to have cow pat on your face.
  • puddles wrote:

Going back to what jules posted, i'm new to this as well and have asked for money to get more stuff from wigge for christmas, so your not the only one : ) I was starting to think i was a bit sad tho, always wanting more bits. but i've found the more i got into training the more "stuff" i want. Just ordered a turbo trainer (cycleops fluid 2) from tredz- cheaper than wiggle. now want a heart rate moniter- whatever next??

As to taking over, as long as you enjoy what your doing who cares?? Its better than watchin rubbish like corrie n eastenders on tv.

Cheers Puddles! You just saved me 38 quid buying the fluid 2 through Tredz rather than Wiggle! Happy Xmas!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    As a fellow newbie I will be begging santa for some Tri kit! I think the voucher thing has to make sense as parents and family will never get the right thing or the correct size!

Has anyone had vouchers from TRI UK?

i went there the other day and was like a kid in a candy shop.

Deck the halls with bags of Tri stuff tra la la!!!!!