First Turbo session tonight. Tips?

Got my first turbo session tonight.

Never been on a Turbo Trainer before.

Any tips, so I don't look like a complete muppet?[;)]

Comments

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Don't fall off!!![:D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Dont wear too much clothes, or wear layers that you can easely remove. Gets damn hot on these things.

Maybe it won't be a prob, since it's your first time and all is new and all that stuff, but Make sure you have some music or dvds with you so you won't get bored. see this thread:

http://forum.220magazine.com/tm.asp?m=20654
  • Cheers.

Should have added it's a group session.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I would recommend that you have a tissue tucked in somewhere. A bottle of water, a towel, and you don't need to wear gloves - they're to reduce road shock, innit.
  • Thanks.

Well it's the next day.....

OWWWWWW!!!!![:o]

My crotch hurts!

Note to self: next time don't forget towel, and buy proper cycling shorts![:D]

Enjoyed the session. It was all high cadence drills and apart from sweating my own body weight I did okay.

It really showed up discomfort on the bike though. Getting the bike 'fitted' for me couldn't hurt, as it just felt wrong all session.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    personally i am a huge fan of turbo training. I know lots of cyclists who will only go to the turbo as a last resort, but i use it all year round at least once a week as part of my training schedule. I think its excellent training for time trials/triathlon as it helps to train you to put out a constant output which you often don't get the chance to do on the open roads (unless like me you live near the A6 [:D])

Yeh, you will definitely need the padded shorts!

are you using your own bike for this?
  • Yeah - it is my own bike: Orbea Mitis 2 frame with Campag Veloce groupset and wheels.

Haven't done anything to it other than raise the seat post, and put on new bar tape!

I think the Turbo Trainer, because you're upper body is pretty much static for the session, show's up any fitting problems you might have.

When out on the roads, you're moving around while in corners, waiting for lights to change, and filtering through traffic, so you perhaps fitment problems are hidden.

What do you think?[&:]