Home Chat General Chat

Music to enhance training

I pretty much use music all the time in my training. Mp3 players are great but I have broken so many in the rain. I have just come across this one www.mi-sport.net I hear it fits under the cycle helmet ok and you can swim with it. I saw it originally earlier this year in 220 triathlon. Anyone have one?

Comments

• Hey, they look good,

I always listen to music too, I had trouble with wind noise but now I'm rocking a pair head phones with an ipod shuffle clipped on to it, means no wires and I've used it a few times in the rain, and it holding up okay!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Cycling without ears? Madness, I really really want all of my senses finely tuned & working.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I'm with Britspin cycling with without ears is crazy! The noise of that lorry coming as I get out the way is music to my ears!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I really wouldn't. Running yes, I'll risk it, cycling no.
  • What a scary thought....maybe on the turbo but not on the road!! Fine for running tho...

I use a Zen stone with Sennheiser sport headphones (waterproof) excellent sound quality which I then ruin with PODRUNNER fixed BPM music - really good for maintaining 90 rpm (with a 180BMP mix)on the turbo!!

Iain.
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Is it just me that refers to cyclists wearing headphones as 'Organ Donors'?

tbh I will only wear 'phones while running if I am not near to any roads. Too dangerous when crossing roads, also I'd like to think I can leap out of the way when cars are skidding off the road in my direction...

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    I wear my ipod when i cycle, but then i also ride a motorbike to and from work (100 mile round trip) so i am almost definitely an organ donor anyway[&:]!
  • I just bought some of these things. On second thoughts I wouldn`t wear on the road either, although fine for my erg. Absolutely stunning for running though! Completed 3x 1mile intervals, 3x 800m and 3x 400m with them today. Very Very good. Even did a few press ups and sit ups with them. Very stable and track change/volume change a piece of cake. Next stop Swimming...

[Yes I know I should be doing LSD now!]