Home Chat General Chat

Cervelo S1 as beginners Tri bike?

Hi all,

Being very new to the world of triathlon and road bikes in particular, I am wanting to know if anyone has any particular opinions on whether they think the Cervelo S1 road bike could potentially be a good purchase for my first triathlon bike??

Currently I have completed a few duathlons getting used to transitions etc but on a borrowed bike - finances are slightly restricted to approx 1k, therefore any alternative suggestions would be very welcomed!!!

Many thanks

Dave

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I recently did the research to find a decent bike for 1K and came up with the Dolan Mythos:

http://www.bikes-dolan.uk.com/index.html?target=dept_125.html&lang=en-us

Carbon monocoque frame/forks and Ultegra everything for £1000. You also get the full choice of chainsets, cassettes & stem length.

BUT I was very aware of the sizes I needed based on what I wanted to do with the bike, and on my settings from my current bike. I even did a lot of measurement both real ones and by taking pictures and measuring on the computer, drawing lines etc.

I managed to accurately spec the bike without ever having sat on it, and I have to say it fits like a charm [:D]

If you are not confident to do this then do not buy a bike on-line or by ordering unless you have actually tried one, or had a proper bike fitting so you can use those measurements

• If you are currently looking for a good deal, Planet X are flogging full carbon road, TT, and track bikes at knock down prices.

If you want to save £99 you can even build the thing yourself.

If I had a spare grand, I would be getting one, but to be honest, I can't afford the divorce it would end up in.

Planet X

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    s'funny. I got the e-mail from P-X and was just logging in to say the same thing.

If you have the cash and the spanners, there are some serious deals there.