Home Chat General Chat

false entry to london tri

Hi all,

I'm due to enter the London Tri for 2009. I want to ensure racing a friend in the Oly disance race. He is a few years older than me and age group wise is one above me. I've lost my race pack from last year so can't remember which group races with which or if it's one age group (or part of) per wave.

So what's the best way to guarantee racing with my mate?

If I was to tell a fib and enter myself into the older age group, would I get away with it?

Advice please, I'm sure I can't be the first...right?

Comments

• I certainly wouldn't lie on your application. You should phone them up and ask them. These organisers are generally pretty helpful.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    There's a specific open age group category for people in your situation - as long as you both enter that and you inform IMG of your wish to race together, they'll ensure you're both in the same wave.
  • Definitely don't lie. Just drop them an e-mail requesting that you be put in the same wave. My friends and I did this for Blenheim last year with the same organisors and it made for a brilliant day. (Maybe because I pipped them to the win!!!) [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]