Home Chat General Chat

Turbo Trainers - again!

hello all,

There has been many threads on turbo trainers and turbo training that I thought one more wouldn't hurt anyone! [:D]

I have a question to all of you who use, own and have knowledge of turbo trainers... Im planning on purchasing one imminently and have narrowed my search down to two (both of which I have had excellent reviews about) and would like your opinions on them (if you have one).

Trainer 1 - Minoura VFS 150

Trainer 2 - CycleOps Fluid 2

Thanks all!

Comments

• learnerlearner Posts: 100
    Check out this months 220 tri mag as there is a group test on turbos.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I think that all turbo trainers are much of a muchness, the differences are in how they fold up, how they pack away, and all the after market stuff - Elite have a real-time race facility
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    The Turbos in 220 are all magnetic with adjustable resistance and I don't like any of them. I want a turbo with an infinite curve. Im thinking the cycleops.
  • I've had my fluid 2 for a little over a week now its my first trainer so cant compare, but i am impressed so far. only done 3 hrs on it tho.

Its very stable most of the time unless i reallygo for it, i'm nearly 15 stone so maybe thats a factor, but yeah, overall i'm very happy with it.

I'd read a lot of reviews too. glad i got this 1 : )
  • RobRob Posts: 209
    I've had a Fluid 2 for a couple of years & the biggest thing I can say is that if mine was stolen today I'd go out & buy another tomorrow. It's smooth, quiet & well built. Haven't used any others so can't compare it directly, but I'm very pleased with it.