Home Chat General Chat

Complan???

Dear All

I seem to be struggling to eat enough calories as i dont tend to eat very much in all. I do eat some fruit and veg but dont eat loads of anything. So i seem to be tired all the time. I tried multivitamins and Iron and its helped a bit but not much.

So is complan a good idea to boost my calorie intake or does someone know something better for me?

Thanks

Comments

• AndreAndre Posts: 103
    It's my - completely unqualified - opinion that, for the majority of people, supplements and meal replacement shakes simply cannot match the nutritional benefit of a normal, healthy diet.

My advice is to go talk to your GP about this, as there may be an underlying physiological or psychological reason that you're not aware of. You'll possibly be referred to a nutritionist and they'll be able to advise you much better than anyone else here.

It might not be what you wanted to hear, and I'm sorry about that, but I truly believe it'll be better for you and your training in the longer run.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I do not eat loads of anything either, I eat a little & often, ensuring some protein, some carbs & some fat at each 'meal', the proportions will vary but will all be there. I eat fresh as much as poss, very little processed food, never a ready meal passes my lips.

Tiredness may be dietary, it may be insufficient recovery, too many hard or long workouts in too short a time.

I would start a food diary, tracking what you eat & when, a 'typical week' or so should be enough to see if you are balancing your diet out or not, similarly log & monitor your workouts, then look at both of these diaries & see how they match as to how you feel..and maybe go see the doc as well.