Home Chat General Chat

Ironman uk

I see IM UK is open to pre registered entrants on the 12th at 9am. Can anyone tell me what happens? Is something sent to personal email or do you contact site?

Comments

• Seone? anyone?[sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]
  • "ENTRIES OPEN 9:00AM FRIDAY DECEMBER 12TH FOR PRE REGISTERED ATHLETES ONLY"

If you pre registered you will receive a email with a link in it to enter the race, if all the places are not filled up, the entries will be opened up to the public at a later date.
  • MikeyBMikeyB Posts: 135
    Of course we still don't know where or when it is going to be. But it is nice to know they are going to let us give them some money.
  • So are they going to inform us of what we are going to enter before we pay our fee?

Dont really fancy a sea swim, followed by 112 miles of up and down with a mountain marathon to finish.
  • I'm not inclined to have anything to do with it, given the poor facilities of the last one.
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    the last I heard, they can't find a site at the moment in dorset/somerset, so looks like it may move out of the IM home area.
    So are they going to inform us of what we are going to enter before we pay our fee?

If registration opens on Friday then I guess not.

• IM magical mystery tour!!!!

Another forum mentions alternative places for IMUK.

Would they consider a sea swim?? with our climate could get pretty choppy.

Not sure on how many people will enter 'blind'?

I would like to have some idea of location, course etc before I part with the cash
    I think the location that has just fallen through was based on a sea swim at West Bay. So they may consider a sea swim somewhere else. I often swim at Weymouth during the summer so I would not be put off if it is a sea swim. However, it does make things dependent on the weather. Bournemouth Olympic distance triathlon, which I did this summer, involved a sea swim. It ended up as a duathlon as the sea was way too rough. That would be a real disappointment if it was for the Ironman.
  • Found this below on another forum, looks like we will know what we are entering.

First Ironman for me with very little tri experience (1 sprint Oct this year) so cant wait to get entered and for xmas to pass so I can start the real training!!!!

I had the following reply for them earlier today.

Appologies for not being able to release any info....we have done a very good job of keeping everything secret whilst it is all being signed and approved...apparently some government departments can learn a lot from us!!!

The date and venue will be published when entries go live on Friday....so you will know what you are entering...where and when!

I don't think it will be a sea swim. If the race is in August the chances of any Seaside/Tourist area having accommadation vacant for 2000+ people at this late notice is going to be slim.

I would like it to be in Bala or the Midlands area because it's closer to me. If it is in Northampton like already suggested expect some fast times as it's alot flatter there than Sherborne and Bala.

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Not that I'm doing it but I would not want to do an IM round Bala. Just a wee bit hilly up there! Lovely lake though - I fell in it once.
    Bolton!

I don't think anyone guessed that. Oh well, my entry is in, time for some training.