Home Chat General Chat

Benchmarks?

I was wondering if any of you have your own personal benchmarks by which you assess your progress and level of fitness?

I use the 60kM turbo session (PB 44KmH) 10kM run (PB 39.10) 20kM run (PB 93 minutes) and 100 lengths in under an hour. My benchmark weight is 70kg above this I'm slower than I could be, below it I'm in good shape

Comments

• WilkoWilko Posts: 23
    Don't know how I came across this, but check out this link. It basically ranks you into a band based on your age against world record times.

http://www.runbayou.com/Wavacalc.htm

Also has a calculator for optimum training times.

Wilko
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    This is pretty good. Thanks for the link we all should give it a go
  • I monitor PBs. Dont laugh though.

7 miles- Into work PB 20.4mph

7 miles- Home from work PB 18.4mph (uphill :-( )

100k cycle PB 3h25m05s @ 18.1mph

10k run 49m04s (1st and only attempt with no run training)

10tt 26m53s @22.3mph

Novice triathlon 200mswim 12kbike 2.5krun - 48m33s

I really need to start sorting my diet and training out though to improve my times. Have a 10k run boxing day so will see what sort of improvements have been made from the old weekly run sessions...also know my pace a bit better.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Gaterz, that's not the round the walls race in Chester by any chance is it? I'm doing that. Anything to avoid the family at Christmas eh? [:D] I suspect looking at your times you'll be a wee bit quicker than me.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Wilko wrote:

Don't know how I came across this, but check out this link. It basically ranks you into a band based on your age against world record times.

http://www.runbayou.com/Wavacalc.htm

Also has a calculator for optimum training times.

Wilko

I fail to make even "local class" [:D]
  • is there a similar thing for the bike?

the run one is really usefull
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    I'm anally retentive and I keep a record of all my training runs and rides. But not swims... hmm, maybe I should start.

Anyway, the upshot is tht I always have an idea of pace against record.
  • No jules its the 'stoke stampede' in somerset. Its ends at a pub......need i say more!! I love to achieve 45 mins but i will be pleased for around the 50 mark again.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I only keep running benchmarks as I'm too crap at the others to warrant remembering!

I wont bore you with the times.

I also have an benchmark weight for different parts of the season -

jan - march = running season - 10 1/2 stone

march - may = duathlon season - 11 stone

may - sept = triathlon season - 11 1/2 stone

luckily i can drop and increase weight fairly easily, i up the weight at the start of the duathlon season when i pack a bit of weight onto my legs for cycling, and add more weight when i start swimming and doing upper body weightlifting!