Home Chat General Chat

ironmanuk 2009

doh! not enough patience, just got the email at 9.30. it's in BOLTON!!!

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    I got the email about quarter past, but the registration keeps crashing, just managed to get past the paying stage, which i guess means im on...
  • jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    your lucky! i cant even open the site. hope i get in, i'll be gutted if i cant enter!
    anyone else waiting for online entries for ironmanuk? i've been waiting at my computer (of course i am at work so thats pretty easy....) all morning (ok, since 8.45) to enter and i havent had an email from them yet and the website is not giving me any clues[:@]
    it would be better if they used a system like they have on ticketmaster so we can see that we are in a queue and not getting big errors pages which are intended for webmasters
    just got the confirmation email, first IM here we come

(30 weeks left, not that im counting....)
  • Grrr - I keep getting errors, it's rubbish. Just cleared my browsing data and started again and registration is now closed
  • Got to the payment page only to be declined, then a call from bank to say my credit card has been fraudently used.

Try to use a different card only to be told entries closed, it now says try again in 60 minutes!!!!
  • Perseverence is the key. :) A little more success here, I've got the registration email but when I go to view the e-ticket it says it can't be found?? Has anyone else experienced this? I 'think' it might be because the ticket takes up to 7 days to be processed.
  • Doh! [:)]

The online entry will send you confirmation initially with a BLANK E Ticket. When you have been accepted in full by both the E Commerce system and IRONMAN UK System you will be send a new E Ticket with all the details of your enrty and transaction including your race number.

In my defence the ticket isn't blank, it just says it can't be found - surely you can still find a blank ticket [:)] doh, doh, doh!
  • 2hrs 55mins to get in. Must be some kind of record?

My first IM, bring on the training!!!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    The site is still crashing on me - I got as far as entering my credit cards details and then it bombed and has continued to do so ever since.

My first ever use of a smiley.....[:@] [:@] - in fact make it a double.
    i've still not managed to enter! so frustrating!
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    its only fitting that the entry should be an endurance event - you need iron will just to get in
  • [:D]Im in no problem first attempt at 3.30pm cannot believe it is in bolton, only live half an hour away,brother- in law lives in bolton as well,no need to worry about accomadation,travel etc.

• So, anyone got any ideas on the course??

tritalk going on about 3 choices for the swim with rivington seeming to be most popular. At least the water will be flat!!

Swim is my weakest discipline, the registration letter states a fast bike course compared to last year at sherbourne, with a trip to southport anyone ever ride this way???

And a flat run course it says. Just hope the great british summer comes around as Bolton in the rain doesnt sound inspiring
  • wow I am in gulp here we go one long hard trining session on its way
  • Hi

Could someone put up the link for 2009 ironman uk race application,

I keep getting the site for the 70.3 for some reason

Thanks