Home Chat General Chat

How do you keep up training motivation through the winter

Any surgestions on this........

Am running (pardon the pun) out of idears to get through the winter months...... Please help.....

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    winter miles summer smiles, winter miles summer smiles, winter miles summer smiles.

Thats the only way I can get through the winter! It hurts, its not easy, but you know that when you've ridden hard for upwards of 80k in the pouring rain and freezing wind 40k on a nice summers day is easy!
  • jboyjboy Posts: 40
    enter next yrs races early...then you will have to train!
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Think of all your lazy people sitting on their asses getting fat and loosing fitness. Every session is making you better than them.

Take part in a cross country league. Rain, mud, agressive hills, what more motivation do you need!

Pick your fight. Enter a challenging race and train for that.

Arrange to do your long rides/runs with some mates, you wont let your muckers down.

Hope this helps

G

• Great idears.... I must admit I just love running to work in the morning past all the fat assed ones in the traffic jams.....

Unfortunately this seems to include most of the people I know..... So alot of my tranning is done alone.... Sunday morning cross country ..... 3 indoor bike trainning sessions.... etc.... etc... etc........

Alot of this... I'm to old... tired... time.... Oh I just need to sit down stuff... I'll wait till the nice weather.... The cats been sick (and the don't even have a cat).....

Any way I am going to join the Local Tri club come new year (hope they can put up with a slighty strange 43 year old like me who does not like being beaten ).... just like to be the best of the best of the best with honours Sir....

Sorry for the rant....

Have fun get muddy.... wet.... and cold.... come summer..... well all look and fell great...

• bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Watch some dvd's on the subject of tri or watch some races. Look at some pics of previous races.

Watch You Tube on the net for motivational films: type words as :triathlon,Ironman, Ultramen,IM, ......

(tip: watch this ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPLCaAu_H2U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w&feature=channel)
  • Not really motivational vids those???
  • interval events to keep motivated through the cold dark nights is a great idea, thanks a mill.

first time writing on this, and only just got a computer so.... hello world [:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I weigh myself, and check my body fat percentage :-)

Running to work - I great way of having to do something, even though it is dark and horrid. I'm too scared to cycle to work...

http://www.parkrun.com/ - if there is one near you, then it is a great way of doing something a little bit more fun than training, and a little bit less stressful than a real race.

Fell running, or X Country. Lots of fun things to do at this time of year...

Find someone to train with...

Some coaching if you can afford it and find a coach!

Treat yourself to a new toy like an HRM, or a new pair of trail shoes, or whatever...

(I have a bias towards running at the moment... need to learn to swim properly... which is an objective for the Winter...)
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Just do it. All the fat losers do nothing all the Winners (fat and skinny) just get out and do it.

Keep a diary and try to beat PB's