Home Chat General Chat

Tri's near london

Hi

its my first year in triathalon and i want to do some tri's in and around the london area, i live in colchester so can get to most places near by.

i am doing the london tri and would like to know what people who have alreay done of it think about it as well as any other tris in the area!

Cheers guys

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    There's LOADS!! 7Oaks, whiteoaks, Milton Keynes, Cowman, London Duathlon, Eynsford (fast and furious), Brighton tri (marina or urbanrace, both excelent and 1hr from london) windsor (good race), Eton super sprints, google these events to get dates and prices. Good luck.
  • check out the events list on the website (tri247 is also good) and maybe buy 220 mag. You can also enter the London league events which are also a bit smaller and cheaper than the big mass participation ones.

• wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Norwich triathlon, Harwich triathlon, Saffron Walden tri, Gosfield Lake triathlon - all close to you and run Olympic distance races. Gosfield is bang on your doorstep and they also run open water swimming there (during the season) on a Tuesday night/ Sunday morning.

See you there!
  • Do you have a website for this triathlon? (Gosfield Lake triathlon ) And do you know when abouts it will be next year??

cheers
  • wyno70wyno70 Posts: 189
    Just google Gosfield lake and you should find out. I believe in the 2 years that they have run it, that it is sometime in July.

Maybe check out the 'Born to tri' tri club as I think they are the guys that run it.

Hope that helps.