Home Chat General Chat

Blenheim tri, any good?

Just having a think about what races to do next season, and I fancied having a go at Blenheim tri as I don't live far away.

I gather it all goes on in the grounds of the palace, I had a look at some videos of the course, it all looked a bit congested for my liking, does anyone have any experience of this event.

Also £65 seems a little steep for a sprint event. I also had a look on the times and the all seem a bit slower than the average sprint times, even the elite race, with hayes only doing a 17min or something 5k, any idea why? is it a hilly course?

Comments

• HarriHarri Posts: 40
    Did Blenheim this year as my first triathlon, it was a great event. Well organised, lovely course and totally recommended. Go for it!
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    I would really recommend Blenheim. Great swim in the lake, tricky bike and good run up to the finish.
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    forget to say, yes it is a bit hilly. the bike has some nasty hills, as does the run from the swim to transition but don't let that put you off.
  • mansemanse Posts: 1
    [color=#0000cc]Well worth doing. I've done it for the past two years and it's excellent. As stated earlier, the bike is a bit hilly at times and the runs is up and down. What makes it hard is the weather on the day (26-27C last year!!!).[/color]

[color=#0000cc][/color]

[color=#0000cc]The organisation is very good and the crowds are amazing.[/color]

[color=#0000cc][/color]

[color=#0000cc](Watch out for that ramp after T2!!!!)[/color]
  • Great race, times may seem slow because it was so hot this year, I put in my worse time of the year!! Still had a great time.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    aces, it all sounds pretty good,. Don't mind the hills and i tend to perform better in hot weather, so will definitely have a go.
  • Did it last year as a warm up to the 70.3 and would definitely recommend it. Long run uphill from Swim to T1 though which hurts the feet.

The gift shop in the grounds ran out of beer though and had to make do with post event cider (which I wouldn't recommend).
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Well i've just enter next years Blenheim so I hope it will be good after this year of injury i'm looking forward to a good year next year, and if all that talk of hot sunny conditions is true all the better in my book.

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    i agree starcher, i love racing in the hot weather! I think I'm gonna do blenheim, then the dambuster a couple of weeks later I think!
  • al_fordal_ford Posts: 119
    I did it last year and absolutely loved it and yes it was a scorcher. The lake was bloody cold though!
  • The Corus Tri series is repeated on CH4 Christmas Eve. 04:30

Triathlon - British Grand Prix 2008

With 5,500 competitors, from elites to first-timers, the second round of the British Triathlon Grand Prix takes place in the beautiful setting of Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire.

Channel 4 Wed, 24 Dec 04:50