Home Chat Race Chat

How did you rate the event you have just completed?

Comments

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    yep a big fat permament marker on the arm & leg (as if the numbers on race belt helmet & bike werent enough). Have tried all sorts last night & today to get rid to little avail. has faded a bit but still seems to grab peoples attention mainly patients at work who now think I may have more mental health issues then they do as a result .. oh well.

any tips for my next race apart fom swim faster & avoid dodgy wimmin with permanent markers - am having to step up my training from tomorrow to accomodate the extra distance but chilling today
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Well done madnurse - very impressed with that run - bke looked good too. Swim about the same as mine - but you'll improve!!

Have you tried Preparation H on your toes? Yes, I do know where it's supposed to go but it works very well in lots of other places too!!

• guv001guv001 Posts: 227
    Well done mad that is a perfect start to the season.
    i guess i did us mountain bikers proud then
    But imagine how fast you could have been on a racer?? What do you think??
    hi guv - this might bring a smile to your face ....

http://www2.sportcam.net/site3/public/results.php?event=664&search=1&bib_number=405

just a spot of grimacing

arh well
  • Mad and David - well done. Very impressive times, particularly Mad's run!

Mad - please don't get a racing bike. Your times depress me enough as it is. And next time please wear hard soled cycling shoes for the run - that might bring you a bit closer to my times..

Quick question - how do the pool swims work where you have to cross over lanes? Do you do 6 lengths in each lane or something?

Other than that, I'm not sure that this whole triathlon thing is good for my health. I now have a bruise on my forehead from walking into a lamppost while looking at a cyclist who was going past me - the sad thing is, I wasn't looking at her, I was admiring her racing bike and wondering whether to get one of those puncture repair kit pouches and quintana roo wheels.....

the duck n under system is simply one whereby you do a number of lengths & then duck under the lane rope to the next and do the sams eagain. perhaps you should have done a duck n under system when looking at the young lady's "bike" .............. chuckle !!!

unfortunately have just acquired a new bike & am unlikely to use my mtb shoes for a 5km + run as the pics demonstrate on the final lap of the run (no skin on my toes....)

madnurse (phil)
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Great pics madone... great time as well! [:D]

I did Inverurie on sunday.. Well run event - pool a bit on the small side so it was more like swimming in the sea - really choppy but ok! (Beat my previous PB for 750m by a minute!) Bike was a real struggle - straight into a 2km hill from T1 - and then more hills - downhill was into the wind so it was really hard (esp in the heat) - made the mistake of putting too much diluting juice in my drink so it was too sweet(DOH!)[:@] Struggled on the run as a result -

750m/27k/5k - 1hr43min (13:51/1hr4/24:56) Bike split includes T1 and T2.

Have to say trisuit made a difference to my swim and transitions. I'm a rather hairy chap and I'm convinced the suit reduced the hair drag.. although everyone i've said this to has laughed!!![:D]

Jaz
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    Jaz

They may laugh but i love my Tri suit - i wear it every where!

david
    i now have this image of an old english sheep dog in a skin tight band of lycra ... like a belt of rubber with a fur ball either end .. but then i havent had my 2nd breakfast yet (sorry jazz)

[:D][:D] mad
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    [:D][:D][:D] You're not far off! Think more like grizzly bear in lycra and you'll be closer![:D][:D][:D]
    Chester Triathlon (Deva Tri)

overall event was superb - well organised & despite being a challenge was really enjoyable. the standard was also extemely high with many elite / top club standard out today.

swim - first open water swim (ie racing) not as chaotic as I expected & didnt swallow any desiel / swan cr*p / festering body parts or similar (that I am aware of). So chuffed to have completed the swim nor was i last out on my start wave.

T1 - omfg jelly legged & drunk is the only way to describe the uphill run back to transition. otherwise no major f8ckups

bike - got in to my rythum quickly and began to make up ground from swim. bike flew demonic style so pleased with with. a race marshall let a big bmw out in front of 3 of us. nealry totalled .... pedal making big sparks off pavement for a bit weaved under the next guys front wheel but somehow no-one kissed tarmac. Had much fun out pacing people on hills (god how thankful am i for all those hills i dragged myself up in training). managed to eat n drink without vomitting / throwing it away or ramming it up my nose

T2 - how hard is it to put on a pair of socks.......

run - hmmm more hills .... good run finding T2 less bother and found a steady pace throughout.

T3 - many many many calories rammed south via my fat little mouth & a i think a few guinness after a swim / sauna

times;

swim 00'37'54 pos'n 378th

bike 01'12'14 pos'n 153rd

run 00'44'29 pos'n 135th

overall 02'39'38 pos'n 239th

madnurse (phil) [:D] ...... next !!!!!!!!!
    Good effort mad, no real problems with the step up to olympic distance then.
  • ETON WOMEN ONLY TRI

Entered the novice (my first!!) so nothing to compare to but seemed very well organised, clear instruction on where to go, marshalls where you need them (and with a sense of humour[:D]). I was worried about going the wrong way or something but so clear I didn't have to worry!

Only down side was no shade anywhere on bike or run so got bit warm![8D]

Will be doing another one there next year I hope!
    AB I can't believe you never packed one of those minature umberellas on a head band, perfect for those sunny days.
    you never had one guinness at all [8|][8|][8|][8|][8|]
    mad - that is an excellent result - well done. Think we might have to find you something rather more challenging .... Glad you enjoyed it too.

AB - well done - that was a really good time, and now the real fun starts cos you'll want to do more, and more, and more ...

Don't know about all this Guinness business - I'm more of a Newcastle Brown and bacon butty girl myself ....

more challenging ??? (perks up) you have something in mind ... is it legal ? would it compromise my registration as a nurse ??? would it need more equipment ?????? (please say it would - i love shopping for kit)

phil
  • DOtriHarderDOtriHarder Posts: 307
    WEll done Mad

2:39 is good, i wish i could swim 1500m open water.

David
    thanks ... i just wish i could get my swim tme to match my bike n run .. oh well maybe if i grow gills or something.

mad
    mad - I can think of lots of replies .... but none of them are printable!!!

Talking of swimming, I've just booked myself a holiday - a Lakes Weekender with Swimtrek. 2 days swimming the lakes in the Lakes District, then walking the fells in between. Going on my own - can't find anyone else crazy enough to come too. Sadly, it doesn't need any new equipment - I love shopping for kit too!
    that looks like a serious wknd of swim trg plus a few walks thrown in .. pity it fully booked or might have looked into that .. back to doggy paddle in the bath for now
    mad - are you sore today, or have you just sailed thro your race with no after effects?

Apparently there's some swim training on the Swimtrek holiday so that should be good - and there's boat to climb on if you get tired ..... (or is that cheating??)
    am suprisingly ok .. was in a state of rigor mortis for a while yesterday after the race but my did sme stretching , a bit of a gentle run and swim later all seems to have eased things nicely. might go training later - next race i will have a massage for definate. I just couldnt stop eating ... but i had lost some 6lbs in body weight (somehow). Had a look on the site for that swim in the lakes but it seems all is booked up but the way its been raining here i will have enough open water swims just getting out to work

mad as ....[:D]
    There were 3 places on one trip, and several on another when I booked, but they've gone fast. I'm going mid-Aug, so I'll let you know what it's like.

Very impressed with your recovery - I'm still brain and body-dead after Wimbleball..
    And oh to lose 6lbs like that .....
  • fatmattfatmatt Posts: 145
    terrapin tri, 25th june

was a nice well organised race, with a novice race and a race for athletes with disabilities, they were amazing,

this is a race i did last year, was first out of the water in my wave last year but couldn't match that this time, got out 3rd, then i overtook 2 on the bike which made me err... 1st.(in my age group).. couldn't quite believe it, but i kept my head down, was ovetaken by 1 and had no chance to keep up, he had a big ironman tattooo on his leg so i let him go!, running is my weak point so i knew i'd struggle to hold my place but i thought i'd give it a go, so i absolutely sprinted of the bike to transition, then just set out on the run trying to hold the best pace i could, which is extremely slow, 3 laps around the lake, i couldn't quite believe i hadn't been overtaken by the start of lap 3 and was almost believing i could actually finish top 3 (age group) when i was swallowed up and spat out the back of a group of at least 10!!! gutted!, i eventually finished 24th overall and 5th in my age group which for me is remarkable, i'm expecting to see the correct 'revised' results soon, with me nearer the bottom, but until then i'll let myself believe i nearly did it.

fatmatt
    good effort fatmatt

or perhaps now not so fatmatt after then race .. sound like your training is coming together nicely .. shape of things to come I think .. you will be podium boy ... (dream believe etc)

madnuse [:D]
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    fooking (pardon the language) nice one matt...bosworth water is a good stomping ground for you