Home Chat General Chat

Becoming a personal trainer

My dear ever lovely wife has just surgested that I should become a personal fitness trainer as around March time I expect to be made redundant from my job.....

Can any one become one and can any of you recommend a course that is worth taking.... Have been looking on the net..... So many to chose from....

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Comments

• Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • Many thanks for the info.....

I know that I have a lot to think about and research on this....

Many thanks again.....

[:)][:D][;)][:D][:)]
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Hey im doing a level 2 gym instructors course which will lead to doing a level 3 personal trainer course once i pass my exams in Jan... I am doing it with a company called Focus Training. Their HQ is based in Bolton but do it all over the country i believe....

So far they have been fantastic... The course cost £2500 give or take a few hundred cant quite remember now as my employer paid for 80% of the course for me...

My advice would be go for it! I am also a spin instructor too and the more courses you can do the better it will be in the long run

Have fun!
  • Thank you for your replies..... Have recived some course Prospectus stuff etc.... Reading carfully over the X-mass period.... and search the internet for info....

Have fun....

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I would also approach a local gym/leisure centre & see if you can shadow an instructor for a few sessions to get a taste & help to develop your 'style'..plaese don't become the 'counting instructor'...I threaten the sack to anyone I hear saying '8, 9....teeeeen..one more one more' more than once as session, or send them on a trip to buy an effective coaching book.