Home Chat General Chat

What is your favorite peice of tri equipment?

Yes todays most un mind boggaling question...

What is you favorite peice of tri equipment that you have?.... Clothing... Bike.... Running shoes.... any thing that you just love and is used for tri either racing or trainning....

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

Comments

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I'm going out on a limb, here, but I reckon that most people will have 'My Bike' somewhere near the top of the list... not just because it is the single most expensive bit of kit, but because your bike is really personal - you get all the bits you want, it fits you and only you, you spend so much time on it etc etc.

Anyway, in no particular order, because I can't decide, the nominations for 'Bopo's Favourite Bit of Kit are....." [drum roll]

Bike - Dolan Mythos

Wetsuit - Orca bottom of the range

and www.mapmyrun.com

If I really had to choose, I could get over the web-site and could probably survive a change of wet-suit, but you would have to prise my beautiful bike out of my cold, dead hands. [:)]

My worst bit of kit, incidentally, is my sh*tty running shoes. Guess what is on my xmas list? [;)]
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I agree with bopo,

my list -

1. Bike - Cervelo P2C

2. Racing flats - Saucony A2s

2. Off-road racers - Salomon cross-something!

If I had to pick a cheap bit of kit I would say my compression socks, I love them!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Wouldn't say its Tri equipment as such but : -

Wet weather trousers and jacket for the bike and the thermal long johns ;) makes riding the bike in winter much more pleasureable :D

Am sure after a few months I would change my choice though.

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    unfortunately my bike isnt near the top of my list, but probably only because it's not my dream bike, not anywhere near my dream bike[:(]. it's only a lowly trek 1000 that i have had for four years. but it managed to drag me around ironmanuk course this year and i passed lots of people on very expensive bikes so it cant be that bad.

my favourite bit of kit, and i find it strange saying this cos i hate running!, is my bright orange saucony racing flats. i love them. i feel quicker wearing them. just looking at them gets me all excited for next years season.

second would have to be all the lovely energy drinks and foods that i get to buy!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    bike..bike shoes...bike helmet & prescription goggles.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Yup, a "me too" post - my favourite kit has to be my bike.

A Dolan pallotola so red it's actually black...

Followed by my racing flats, sunglasses, race belt.
  • My Nike run leggings!

Love 'em.

Definitely think they're helping stave off injury as they do a good job of compression.
  • EdstgEdstg Posts: 83
    My bike comes first.

1. 2008 cannondale slice

2. Zipp 808's

3. My Mrs and my kids - for unwavering support of an highly sellfish past time(not sure if they are tri -equipment)

• LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    My brooks running shoes, comfy from day 1.... on my third pair now, probably helps that I also have custom insoles.

Once I get my bike fully dialled in I'm sure that will there though.

• I'd have to say my Garmin 305... being able to tell how far I've run/cycled with a degree of accuracy is perfect..

Perhaps I should start a post about the worst bit of kit... mine would be my bike: a Raleigh Reynolds 501 (12 gears) brought off Ebay 5 years ago for a tenner...... When I finally upgrade I will be a speed demon (at least I hope it's the bike slowing me down[:)])

• Edstg wrote:

3. My Mrs and my kids - for unwavering support of an highly sellfish past time(not sure if they are tri -equipment)

It could be argued that you're actually doing Triathlon FOR your wife!

For all your sweat and tears, she gets a healthy, fit, toned husband!

Well that's the argument I use.[:D]
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    MY transition box!!!!

Cause that means it's racing time![8D]

Of course new bike(Cervélo soloïst) is on top of list too!

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Micropore tape.

After much careful thought it is the only piece of kit that I religously use day in/day out.Different races dictate different kit but without the tape on my nipples they start to bleed and I Really ''do not have the time to Bleed''.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Its a hard choice to make!

I am gonna go with the BIKE!

Then its the kaiman goggles.

Worst bit of kit my ear plugs for swimming. Dam ear infections!!!!!!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Gillet every time .... and all the bikes!
  • AmazonAmazon Posts: 57
    My elastic laces - so I can do them up/undo them when I've got cold hands!

Second would be my Hilly compression socks, they are warmer than other ones I've tried, do the job well, and have solved lots of previous problems!