Home Chat General Chat

London Marathon. Who's squeezing it in?

Looks like I may have a sponsored place on the London Marathon.

Just wondering if anyone else is squeezing it into their 2009 season?

What impact to you expect it to make on your training?

Comments

• jon_gjon_g Posts: 318
    i'm one of the lucky fella's, i entered the ballot and got in! very pleased! doing it with my other half. but it does fit in with my training as i am training for ironman and half ironman distance races. i'll be doing shorter runs at lunch time to help increse my speed for any shorter races i'll be doing, but they arent my 'a' races so not that bothered what time i do them in
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Got a ballot place after the required number of years applying, I've only got a few races planned for next year so it should slot in ok, really need to get on with the training though ;-)
  • I was lucky to get a ballot place too. I'm training for IM france which is 28 June so slightly concerned that 26 April may be a bit adjacent. I should take it easy around London really but know that I'll end up to go for a PB!
  • Yes I am in got a good for your age place 46.Means I am in for the next two years.Should help with Ironman Switzerland.
  • JustinJustin Posts: 15
    heymonkey wrote:

I was lucky to get a ballot place too. I'm training for IM france which is 28 June so slightly concerned that 26 April may be a bit adjacent. I should take it easy around London really but know that I'll end up to go for a PB!

Me too. Managed to get a ballot place to London Marathon 2009 (4th attempt to get in)

and also entered the IM France. Will really have to sort out some very strict training I think. Hittiing the turbo trainer every morning and will have to get some tough brick sessions in.
  • Didn't manage to get into London via the ballot for the 3rd consecutive year, gutted.

It still annoys me that Jade Goody got a place last year instead of me....I 'actually' wanted to run the marathon!! Entered Edinburgh marathon on May 31st instead. Not going to do any tri's before then, however I will be incorporating the regional duathlon series grand prix in March/April into my training plan. As for training, I’m cycling between my key marathon sessions, either on the turbo or commuting to work.
  • Missed out in the ballot but managed to get an entry through the tri club. In a moment of rash enthusiasm, I thought if I was doing a marathon anyway may as well do an Ironman. Entered UK in August.......