Home Chat General Chat

buckled wheel

Was out on my bike recently and hit a nasty pothole. End result was a puncture. however after repairing the puncture I noticed that the wheel wasn't running true. If I looked down on it from above the seat it wobbles from side to side.

Look at from the side and it looks as though it runs true. I'm thinking potentially a damaged hub or something to do with the bearings....

I read a small article about in 220 thats making me think along these lines.

Any thoughts/ help?[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    when you say it wobbles to it move from side to side when its going round?

If you can wobble it from side to side yourself when its not turning then it is undoubtedly a hub problem, if your confident in bike mechanics you could open it up and have a look. There are plenty of videos on the internet that will walk you through the procedure and its fairly straight forward provided you have the right tools.

If you cant move it from side to side but as it turns its moving side to side it may be untrue, this is pretty easily sorted with a spoke wrench.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Obvious statement Alert - GET IT CHECKED OUT AND REPAIRED IF NECCESSARY!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Cheers for that response treefrog most greatly appreciated. The point was I wanted to see if others had similar probs and if they did, did they fix it themselves....if I can do it myself then I will but as a novice I wanted advice.

Anyway wheel sorted. Needed some repairs to the spokes.