Home Chat General Chat

2XU Compression Tights

So my Christmas money is burning a hole in my pocket and I’m after a pair of decent running tights. I’ve been looking at Gore / Ronhill for around the £30/35 mark, but for an extra £20 I could go all out and get a pair of 2XU compression tights. I’ve heard they’re the mutts nuts, but for the extra cash are they a worthwhile investment?

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    If you were going to spend the extra cash I would recommend SKINS compression wear... I think its the dogs bollocks.

Chain Reaction Cycles sells them.

• Hi there,

my wife bought me a pair for Christmas (2XU 50d) and I've worn them twice

3 mile beach run, very comfortable and kept me at a nice temperature through out the run (in cold conditions), overall very good

12 mile fell run, again comfortable and kept me warm for the majority of the run (got a little cool at 850ft, camelback froze!!) other than that great, did start to get some slight chaifage between the legs at the end of the run,

I'm happy with them and will continue to use them for sure!!

P.S

my legs still hurt like hell after a good run with or without!!!!

cheers
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    in a recent test (220 I think)on compression tights the 2XU came out as the best. I have a pair, and can't say I notice a huge difference, but do use them as a recovery aid.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Bought some 2XU tights back in November and have really liked them. Good choice.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I have used the 2xU Compression tights since about March time and I can only reccommend them to everyone, easy to wear and very effective
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I'm the same, I love my 2XU ones.

I have a pair of skins ones and 2XU, in comparison I would say that I prefer the 2XU ones because they make my legs feel better, and they also provide good compression for a longer period. What I mean by this is the skins give great compression just after they are washed, but after a long wear or 2 the compression goes. The 2XU compression never goes! Highly recommended! I have one pair (the elite ones with the grey stripe) for racing, and a pair of the standard ones for recovery :)
  • I've had a pair for a few months now and can't say I've noticed much difference. But then maybe if i hadnt worn them, I would have suffered more!! I like to wear them anyway, good excuse to continue wearing lycra through the day....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    I bought a pair of the "cheaper" 50 dernier ones a few months ago, it's hard to be objective, but, they feel good, wear well, have survived washing without loosing the comprehension. Make me feel good, which is half the battle. I've been pretty injury free since getting them - but there are other factors which will have helped that more.

Still get DOMS after a hard run.. but I can walk down stairs with the tights on.. which is a bonus. And the missus says they look good!

I would buy again - probably the more expensive 70 dernier!
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    So I bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and have done mile & hills reps with my club and a couple of solo runs in them and really llke them. Thanks for the advice.

Final question, what are your chosen undergarments. Do people go commando like on the bike, or does wearing kegs have no effect on the tights?
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    wear the tights next to the skin, and cycling shorts/bibs over them. Same goes for running shorts (contrating colour in lycra looks better than the traditional boxer type running shorts!)