Home Chat General Chat

Tacx Flow setup probs - pls help!

Ok so took the plunge earlier this year to buy a turbo for winter training.

Got the tacx flow after some research and my God, was setting that up a nightmare!!

User manual has to be one of the worst I've seen.

Anyways finally did get it setup and have used it a number of times BUT...

I can't seem to get the adjusted that touches the wheel tight enough to it to stop it from slipping.

If you are familiar with these setups, I'm turning the cog down there that turns a screw and moves the device closer to the wheel - but the prob is if I turn it too much (to lessen the slipping which is bad) then the screw comes out of the little piece and leaves me with 30mins taking the whole thing apart again to re-attach the screw to the piece.

I know this makes no sense to some people!! lol but some of you turbo heads might be able to help me or point me in the right direction!

Also im using a road bike with 720 wheels and used the piece supplied for these particular sized wheels.

Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated guys!

Happy new year to all btw - goal for 2009 is a half IM in August :)

Cheers!!

GD

Comments

• I got one for Crimbo as well. Haven't got around to setting it up yet though.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 103
    I don't have a Flow, but I do have a Satori and the manual was an equally perplexing read: have you tried fitting it without either of the extensions/adapters? Try using the base frame and loosening the clamp, this worked for me.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I.ve got the Sartori too and am with Andre on the manual! Following the instructions to the letter I was supposed to use the extension things, but it didn't feel very secure once I'd set it up. Went to the Tacx website and found that I could use it without the extensions. Works fine with no slippage.
  • well i have got it working and it was due to my back tire just needing a top up of air

but the clamp is still at its most extreme - will try that guys using either extension part or not at all and see if that helps if it falls apart again!

damn user unfriendly manual!