Home Chat General Chat

Eton Tri

sharks !!!!!

Comments

• Oh my God - what really!! [:D][:D] Will have to take my harpoon then, that will really slow me down!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    so when people say is that a harpoon in your trisuit or are you just pleased to see me ......... you can reply nope its for the sharks
  • No one mentioned sex change ops! Is that compulsory too?!?!? Think I may have just gone off the idea!
    i'd love to be a fly on the wall when you explain that a sex change op is necessary for triathlon to your husband .....
  • Hi! I am taking part in the novice tri at Eton on the 24th and just wondering if any knows the course? Is it flat/hilly? also heard the water is very cold? Anything in particular to watch out for?

Thanks

• trichamptrichamp Posts: 22
    Hi AB,

I did Eton last year and am racing the youth event on the 25th again this year. I don't know what your distances are, but if it's the same as we did last year it's as flat as a pancake! Just twice round the lake on nice wide roads with no technical corners, which is good cos i'd probably crash again. The run was just an out and back along the side of the lake again totally flat. As for the water temp. Last year was my first open water swim having been used to pool swimming for many years am very susceptible to the cold and I survived so it can't be too bad!!! I'm not sure if you're doing the same course or distance as us but i don't think you'll have anything to worry about! [:D]
  • Thanks Trichamp, its hilly round here so always running up or down - flat sounds excellent. Only doing the novice (first time out and building up from back problems) but wanted to know what to expect - feeling quite confident now![:D][:D]

Mad - have told him and not a good reaction - think I may hae to stay a girlie![;)]
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    If there is sharks then being a girl is probably not good as its always the pretty girls who get eton (sorry bad pun) first in Jaws

• Groan!![&:]

Pretty girls?! I'm safe then!! Remember all women that do tri look like blokes!!!![:D][:D][:D]
    Remember all women that do tri look like blokes

So your husband might not notice for a while...

• I think there is still some basic differences.........![;)] Maybe the Madnurse can explain it to you!
    i can honestly say in 8 years as a psychi nurse i haven't had to explain the birds & the bees .....
    Its okay you don't have to start now...but why is it called the birds and the bees?