Home Chat General Chat

Lumie

Evening All,

Mrs G is thinking about investing in a Lumie to help her get up in these dark early mornings. The concept sounds good.

Have any of you guys got one, could reccomend the concept? If they work well it would not only be good for Mrs G but an amazing way of provokiong me into early morning training.

GG

Comments

• GG,

I have had the same idea for a few years now, having done Rowing for about 4 years and Tri for a couple the early mornings during winter always used to kill me.

I finally got one for a birthday present in Sept and haven't looked back since. Its amazing, I never wake up to an alarm when i'm at home now, but usually come awake naturally about 5 mins before. You don't wake up feeling completely rejuvinated (how you feel depends on how much sleep and alcohol you've had!), but it is so much better than an alarm.

I loved it so much I bought it back for my sister (who got it for me) and my mum for christmas, Amazon were doing a Philips one which also does bird noises and other good stuff reduced from 100 to 60 quid - well worth it and better than the lumie for only a tiny bit more, if the offer is still on.

Jack
  • LuckyLucky Posts: 137
    Got one, it's great, works like it says it will....
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    I have one,and really like it.
  • taytay Posts: 18
    me too - its great on those dark winter mornings - you can even use it to help you sleep (it has a setting which goes from light to dark!), although thats not normally a problem for me admitedly....
  • GGGG Posts: 82
    Hi All,

Thjanks for your replies. Its swayed Mrs G to purchase one. Think its a Phillips one.

Although its not mine im very much looking forwartd to its arrival.

Early morning training here we go. WOO WOO!

G