Home Chat General Chat
Options

Swim plan in today's (Sat) Guardian

OK so perhaps I could have posted this before early evening - but the Guardian has produced a fitness guide this weekend - today is running and swimming, tomorrow (in the Observer) will be cycling, rowing and triathlon. Today's guide includes a plan for endurance in the pool, which couldn't have come at a better time for me; I'll be starting it tomorrow morning! Anyway - it looks pretty handy. I think I'll make a spreadsheet of it so if anyone is keen to get the plan, but missed it, if you drop me a line I could perhaps send it out.

Comments

• Options
    Good to see that the national press is giving guidance and information on our areas of interest! would be interested to read it myself! possibly to late to pick up a copy now, if you do get chance to put into a spreadsheet would be great to take a look!

Good luck with your swim on sunday!
  • Options
    snowysnowy Posts: 4
    Thanks for letting us know I will definitely be picking up a copy of tomorrows but don't hold much hope of getting a copy of today's now so would also be interested if you do set it up on a spreadsheet!
  • Options
    thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    Hi Juleso,

I've just signed up for my first Triathlon in June, and am now starting training; if you could post the training plan on a spreadsheet it'd be really handy thanks.

• Options
    Juleso,

I'm also interested in the swim plan if you digitalise it.

regards

scotty
  • Options
    TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    me too!
  • Options
    julesojuleso Posts: 279
    In response to all those who have expressed an interest (and because I can't find it on the Guardian's website), I have asked the other half to host this spreadsheet for me.

The guide describes it as a routine that should 'build up a good level of endurance and strength'. I just thought it would be handy because it's quite rare to find a swim plan for people who can't already trot out 800m as part of their warmup!

http://www.oxfordcityrc.fsnet.co.uk/tri/

I hope this helps those of you who are newbies like myself. :-)

juleso