Home Chat General Chat

Swim plan in today's (Sat) Guardian

OK so perhaps I could have posted this before early evening - but the Guardian has produced a fitness guide this weekend - today is running and swimming, tomorrow (in the Observer) will be cycling, rowing and triathlon. Today's guide includes a plan for endurance in the pool, which couldn't have come at a better time for me; I'll be starting it tomorrow morning! Anyway - it looks pretty handy. I think I'll make a spreadsheet of it so if anyone is keen to get the plan, but missed it, if you drop me a line I could perhaps send it out.

Comments

• Good to see that the national press is giving guidance and information on our areas of interest! would be interested to read it myself! possibly to late to pick up a copy now, if you do get chance to put into a spreadsheet would be great to take a look!

Good luck with your swim on sunday!
  • snowysnowy Posts: 4
    Thanks for letting us know I will definitely be picking up a copy of tomorrows but don't hold much hope of getting a copy of today's now so would also be interested if you do set it up on a spreadsheet!
  • thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    Hi Juleso,

I've just signed up for my first Triathlon in June, and am now starting training; if you could post the training plan on a spreadsheet it'd be really handy thanks.

• Juleso,

I'm also interested in the swim plan if you digitalise it.

regards

scotty
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    me too!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    In response to all those who have expressed an interest (and because I can't find it on the Guardian's website), I have asked the other half to host this spreadsheet for me.

The guide describes it as a routine that should 'build up a good level of endurance and strength'. I just thought it would be handy because it's quite rare to find a swim plan for people who can't already trot out 800m as part of their warmup!

http://www.oxfordcityrc.fsnet.co.uk/tri/

I hope this helps those of you who are newbies like myself. :-)

juleso