Home Chat General Chat
Options

GPS/Nike +

Hi there I am new to Triathlon having just started training for my first.

I have run for quite a while and enjoy running with my ipod Nano & Nike + sensor which has helped me improve my running but is obviously useless for cycling. My current sensor has just given up the ghost & the battery died which has led me to start looking around at other things. I have been looking at something I can use for both & came across the Garmin 405 duathlon package on wiggle:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Garmin_Forerunner_405_Duathlon_Kit/5360037075/

This seems to have everything I would need including a heart rate monitor.. I guess I'd need to buy the foot sensor to go with it so I could still get work out information when using it in the gym with a treadmill. I have had a look through various other threads regarding this and the opinion seems mixed at best. £275 plus whatever I pick up the foot sensor for is quite a bit of cash for me. Before I splash out I would like to know is this mthe complete package ? Does it do everything for running & cycling that most people need ? What other alternatives are there in this field that would work for both running & cycling ?

Any replies appreciated..

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the very in depth answer it was very helpful. I now have the Garmin 405 & accessories, so far it's looking good & I'm very pleased.

Thanks again