Home Chat General Chat

CREDIT CRUNCH & WORLD CHAMPS DOWN UNDER

Anyone got any money saving credit crunch ideas for this year world champ in Aus?

I'd imagine the official travel company will be mega money and i can't see them doing a budget deal as it won't make them money

Good to know anyone elses long term plans ;P

Comments

• bathtubbathtub Posts: 280
    Yes It is going to be very expensive for anybody wanting to go to Gold Coast.

I prequalified for the sprint last year and was hoping to go, but redundancies at work and now on basic hours means not much spare cash.

Only justification to go is that our son is currently travelling around in Australia and I know wifey would jump at the chance for a visit if I could persuade our son to be around the Gold Coast September time.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Sadly I can't think of any way toavoid or lessen the flight cost, but I was on the Gold Coast Aug/Sept last year, I rented an apartment halfway between Surfers Paradise & Broadbeach, double bed, double bed settee, balcony, kitchen, bathroom with spa bath, washer & dryer, 100m from beach, pool in back worked out at about £50 per night, thats the apartment, could sleep 4, I was chuffed, run on the beach, swim sea or pool...hot tub by the pool as well & a sauna, great little pace for breakfast just down the block when I tired of porridge..(only went once!). I booked it via a website...which I cannot recall, but I will get back to you on that. Give me a few minutes.
    This is where I stayed..still can't find the page I booked thru, there was loads of similar apartments. http://www.surf-parade-resort.com.au/.
    www.wotif.com.

loads of places.
  • THE YEOTHE YEO Posts: 20
    Britspin - true legend and many thanks. The bitter taste from Vancouver last year still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth and although the ITU gave most age groups another 4 slots per age group - i still can't see team GBR sending out 300 athletes this time through. Besides the cost, i think many lost some faith and love for the ITU organisers.

Hoping my sponsors will come through with some cash - need to get there first.