Home Chat General Chat

Crutches

Before this post descends into something rude.

I had to go hospital last nught with a really sore knee. After a surprising 2 minute wait I was ushered into a cubical and assessed. I am now on crutches with the biggest bandage I have seen.

Apparently I have damaged the shock absorber part of my knee between the shin and knee. Its really painful to put woeght and movement on it so I am using the crutches like a good boy!

Has anyone else had this? How long will I be out of training? The nurse said three weeks but I dont wont and injuroes to drag on it being my first season.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Comments

• ah sorry to hear-haven't had anything like that i'm afraid so can't really give you advice or any idea on how long it will take to heal.

you should prob listen to nurse/doc's advice[&:]

what i would say is that you should aim to keep the rest of your body as fit and mobile as possible so as not to set you back in training...
  • bennybenny Posts: 1,314
    Second opinion?? Maybe by a doctor that knows about people who sport!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Sorry to hear about the injury, BlinkyBaz. I can't offer any injury-specific advice other than "Don't rush back". How about using a pull bouy to immobilise your legs and working on your swimming technique for a few weeks?

Also, there must be some general gym work you can do? Core stability exercises, maybe?

Get well soon.[:)]
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    After the rant and the disapointment has lifted,

I am doing core stuff and lowerback exercise's just to keep flexible.

I have been given the go ahead to start swimming at the end of next week but light.

Looks like impact exercise (running, football abd squash) are around 3 weeks away.

i am going to take it easy at first but have a 10k race in March (off road kamakazi). I have paid for that so reckon I will take it slow and see how I go.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Hurray!!!!

Vrutches go tomorrow and the pain killers stop too!

I am offically aloud to swim this Friday and I cant wait. Got to take ot easy though.

All the pain from the knee went after 2 days put I had to keep my weight off it. I was lucky and avoided infection in the soft tissue stuff between the knee and shin.

Jope to be back and fully training in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the posts, sometimes you just need tyo vent steam!!