Home Chat General Chat

Polar not picking up HR

Hi all,

I have a Polar S725x watch which i've really loved. However it has stopped picking up my HR over the last few days. I just went and bought a new battery for the strap attachment this lunch time but its still not working. I have also noticed the 'beeps' on my watch are quieter than usual, does this mean the battery in the watch could have worn out as well? The watch is still working fine but could a low battery be causing the lack of connection?

Any other ideas? I'm doing the Ironfit training programme so my HR is quite important!

Thanks

Comments

• agent_tiagent_ti Posts: 306
    most likely the watch, the chest strap is supposed to last longer than the watch battery

Does it come up with a low battery sign?? mine did before the battery died, but i had an F6
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    I had this problem with my garmin... I bought a new battery and had to 'pair' them up again.... it works fine now.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Yep a new battery
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Did you check your heart is definitely still beating?
  • Thanks for the replies, I guess i'll get my watch battery changed then.

Do you need to send it off to Polar or anything? Or can you just get any normal store to change it? I'm just concerned about the waterproof properties....
  • Had the same problem (battery replacement) with my Casio Pro Trek, the local shop could do it, but to maintain warrenty and full water proofing, off it went to CASIO.

5 weeks and £60 later watch back but happier in the knowledge that it was replaced by the manufactuer.